PDA

View Full Version : Ink Refilling

sheeep
8-Dec-2010, 00:00
Hey all,

Just curious if anyone refills their inks. I don't think i want the hassle of a CIS system, but replacement cartridges seem like a good idea.

I found a link to www.inksupply.com, does anyone have any experience with their products, or know of a good seller?

I've got a HP D7560

Bob Kerner
8-Dec-2010, 07:48
It depends. I refill my all-in-one and document printer. I draw the line at my Canon 9500 for images. For a high end printer, I'M not willing to run the risk of fouling the print heads by using aftermarket inksets. I think that Canon/Epson spend alot of R&D money optimizing their inks and it's important to use those inks on the higher-end equipment

coops
8-Dec-2010, 08:28
I use ink from Inkrepublic on my 3800. The initial outlay was about $400 but now the inks are about $17 for 100cc Prints look great, exactly the same as Epson ink. The prints I made using their ink on my old 2200 about 5 years ago still look perfect.
I like not having to use a chip resetter with these inks, and the carts are easy to keep topped up.

Peter De Smidt
8-Dec-2010, 08:45
Inksupply.com is well regarded. A number of people, for example Paul Roark (www.paulroark.com) use their ink to make various bw inksets. I used an Inkrepublic CIS on my 2400 with Inksupply inks for quite awhile. Ink Republic customer service was very good. Inkjetmall.com is another good place.

I suggest you find the inkset that you'd like to use, whether MIS K4, ConeColor or...? And then use their cartridges. Otherwise if you have a problem, vendors will tend to blame the problems on the other ones. "No, it can't be my inks that are causing the problem. It must be the cartridges." "The cartridges sound fine. It must be the inks!"