PDA

View Full Version : QTR printing only black... Colorburst not printing..?

JoelBelmont
14-Nov-2010, 16:22
I posted a thread earlier today about trying to print from a 9880, 44x100". Couldn't ge the epson drivers to do it.

I downloaded both QT RIP and Colorburst... QTR works, but seems to only print dense black.. :)

Colorburst creates a problem with the epson where the epson generates an error message saying the the parameters sent to it do not match it's ink/paper parameters.

I'm on a mac... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

J. Gilbert Plantinga
14-Nov-2010, 18:49
What paper are you using, and which black ink is in the printer, matte or photo? The Colorburst environment must match the installed ink, and you must make sure that you've selected the right setting for sheet or roll paper. Oh, and don't try to use matte black ink on a photo (glossy or luster) paper -- it will never dry.

Brian Ellis
14-Nov-2010, 18:52
Can you tell us what all your settings are in QTR?

Tyler Boley
15-Nov-2010, 10:58
QTR is a specialty B&W driver, it will not print color. Is your image color or B&W? Also, I'm not sure if QTR also has a limit, it's primary purpose is B&W, not necessarily all the other benefits that most come to an advanced RIP for, which does include large printing.
I don't have direct user Colorburst experience, but Gilbert's post sounds relevant.
Tyler

Ron Marshall
15-Nov-2010, 13:07
With QTR, if no curve is selected it will print dark.

Bruce Watson
15-Nov-2010, 16:07
I posted a thread earlier today about trying to print from a 9880, 44x100". Couldn't get the epson drivers to do it.

You aren't the first person to face this issue. There's a lot of expertise on this over at EpsonWideFormat Yahoo group (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/EpsonWideFormat/). Search the archives. It's all there. And then some.