PDA

View Full Version : 8x10 400 ASA sheet film

OKAROB
9-Nov-2010, 18:29
I just noticed that Arista EDU Ultra B&W 400 iso 8x10 is now available. Has anyone tested it yet for speed, tonal range and quality? do I need to use a fixer with a hardner? I would like to hear your comments before I make a purchase. Thanks!

Jay DeFehr
9-Nov-2010, 20:12
I've used a lot of it, and love it. I use both hardening and non-hardening fixers, depending on the developer I'm using, and both types work fine. I'm usually generous with exposure when I shoot 8x10, as it will tolerate quite a lot of overexposure, but underexposure is little tolerated by any film in any format. I think it's a bargain!

fschifano
10-Nov-2010, 07:39
I haven't used it in 8x10, but Arista.EDU Ultra in 4x5 has been good to me. I'll usually rate the stuff at around EI 250, and go easy on the development with XTOL or D-76. Of course, there's TMY-2, but at $5.50/sheet for 8x10, that's more than double the price of Arista.EDU Ultra. Great stuff, but pricey.

John Kasaian
10-Nov-2010, 08:02
I've used a lot of it, and love it. I use both hardening and non-hardening fixers, depending on the developer I'm using, and both types work fine. I'm usually generous with exposure when I shoot 8x10, as it will tolerate quite a lot of overexposure, but underexposure is little tolerated by any film in any format. I think it's a bargain!

Has any reciprocity tables been made available for Arista/Foma 400 sheet film?:confused:

Jay DeFehr
10-Nov-2010, 08:05
John,

I don't know. I rarely get into that territory.

taulen
10-Nov-2010, 08:27
This is for Fomapan 400, but I dont know if its the same.
But probably isnt too far of anyway.
http://www.fomafoto.no/div/teknisk/film/F_pan_400_en.pdf