PDA

View Full Version : To the Moscow meetings large and medium a format 3 years

Antonenko
5-Nov-2010, 10:31
We in Moscow each last Sunday month, have meetings of fans of a film photo For these 3 years people so have rallied and make friends. If will be during this time-welcome.
http://album.foto.ru:8080/photos/th/157427/1446827.jpg (http://album.foto.ru:8080/photos/or/157427/1446827.jpg)
The author "dimonpit"

http://album.foto.ru:8080/photos/th/157427/1446826.jpg (http://album.foto.ru:8080/photos/or/157427/1446826.jpg)
The author "Peter Stul"

http://album.foto.ru:8080/photos/th/191953/1439810.jpg (http://album.foto.ru:8080/photos/or/191953/1439810.jpg)
The author "AndreyU"

http://album.foto.ru:8080/photos/th/126610/1441593.jpg (http://album.foto.ru:8080/photos/or/126610/1441593.jpg)
The author "Stjarna"

MIke Sherck
5-Nov-2010, 13:31
Looks like fun! Welcome!

Mike

SW Rick
5-Nov-2010, 14:11
That's a good-sized group of film fans!

Welcome, and thank you for the invitation.

Best wishes.

Rick

davkt
5-Nov-2010, 14:17
Excellent, I'm a big fan of Soviet cameras, from the tiny Kiev 35, by way of Zenit EM and Kiev 66 to a 9x12 Fotokor. Hope to see you all in Moscow sometime!

Antonenko
5-Nov-2010, 14:25
Excellent, I'm a big fan of Soviet cameras, from the tiny Kiev 35, by way of Zenit EM and Kiev 66 to a 9x12 Fotokor. Hope to see you all in Moscow sometime!
And I the great admirer of film Ilford and the British military buttons:)

rdenney
5-Nov-2010, 14:50

Heh. I have this feeling these these cameras are not considered as much fun in Moscow as they are here.

Rick "owner of vast collection of ex-Soviet stuff, and moderator of the Kiev Report" Denney

Antonenko
5-Nov-2010, 15:07
Heh. I have this feeling these these cameras are not considered as much fun in Moscow as they are here.

Rick "owner of vast collection of ex-Soviet stuff, and moderator of the Kiev Report" Denney

All people different. At whom small prosperity-buy FED. And someone buys Leica. I here love the Kiev-60. But here a small format and big - I will prefer the foreign.

rdenney
5-Nov-2010, 15:12
All people different. At whom small prosperity-buy FED. And someone buys Leica. I here love the Kiev-60. But here a small format and big - I will prefer the foreign.

I like those Kiev 60's, too--I have three of them. (And a Pentacon Six, Exakta 66, and Kiev 88CM, all of which use the same mount.) When pro-quality medium-format cameras were expensive, the Kievs were loads of fun. They are still fun, but that fun is tempered by the fact that I can buy a used Pentax 6x7 in good user condition for the same price as a new-old-stock Kiev 60 that may not work at all. And even the lenses are much closer than they used to be.

But no Pentax can come close to the Funkiness Quotient with a Kiev 60. It's worth having one just to be able to make square pictures with the Arsat Fisheye.

Rick "who has a couple of Feds resting comfortably unused on a shelf" Denney

Jay DeFehr
5-Nov-2010, 16:38
Здравствуйте, Антон!

Вы и Ваша команда кажетесь мне приятными и творческими людьми. Я знаком с работами Dimonpit по сайту Flickr и восхищаюсь ими. Моя жена Юля недавно вернувшись из России привезла мне несколько русских фотоаппаратов, из которых Москва 5 мне понравилась больше всего. Если я не ошибаюсь, этот фотоаппарат появляется на некоторых Ваших снимках выше. Кроме небольшой изредка проявляющейся утечки света фотоаппарат работает отлично, хотя я все еще привыкаю к дальномеру. Кажется, наилучших результатов получается добиться при контрастном освещении.

Я очень рад, что в Москве так много фотографов, работающих с пленкой. Посещал ли кто-то из вас школу Родченко? На мой взгляд, это очень хорошая школа с хорошими преподавателями. Каким материалом вы пользуетесь в России и где находите его? Мне приходилось печатать на бумаге Slavich, и я был весьма доволен результатами. Моя жена привезла мне из России несколько катушек пленки Свема, но пленка была очень старой и затуманенной. У меня еще остались неиспользованными несколько катушек Фотона и Тасмы, надеюсь, они в лучшей форме, чем Свема.

Я планирую побывать в России следующим летом или осенью, и с нетерпением жду возможности фотографировать там, особенно в Санкт-Петербурге. Если я могу быть полезным и привезти Вам что-то необходимое из Штатов, дайте мне знать, я буду очень рад помочь.

С уважением,
Джей

J

davkt
5-Nov-2010, 16:39

Good to find another Kievaholic here and thanks for the fantasic Kiev Report! Must get round to taking the Kiev 60 (finger trouble calling it a 66 above!) to bits and sort out the frame spacing now I've lost the perfect sized pair of spools I had!

Antonenko
5-Nov-2010, 21:38
Здравствуйте, Антон!

Вы и Ваша команда кажетесь мне приятными и творческими людьми. Я знаком с работами Dimonpit по сайту Flickr и восхищаюсь ими. Моя жена Юля недавно вернувшись из России привезла мне несколько русских фотоаппаратов, из которых Москва 5 мне понравилась больше всего. Если я не ошибаюсь, этот фотоаппарат появляется на некоторых Ваших снимках выше. Кроме небольшой изредка проявляющейся утечки света фотоаппарат работает отлично, хотя я все еще привыкаю к дальномеру. Кажется, наилучших результатов получается добиться при контрастном освещении.

Я очень рад, что в Москве так много фотографов, работающих с пленкой. Посещал ли кто-то из вас школу Родченко? На мой взгляд, это очень хорошая школа с хорошими преподавателями. Каким материалом вы пользуетесь в России и где находите его? Мне приходилось печатать на бумаге Slavich, и я был весьма доволен результатами. Моя жена привезла мне из России несколько катушек пленки Свема, но пленка была очень старой и затуманенной. У меня еще остались неиспользованными несколько катушек Фотона и Тасмы, надеюсь, они в лучшей форме, чем Свема.

Я планирую побывать в России следующим летом или осенью, и с нетерпением жду возможности фотографировать там, особенно в Санкт-Петербурге. Если я могу быть полезным и привезти Вам что-то необходимое из Штатов, дайте мне знать, я буду очень рад помочь.

С уважением,
Джей

J

"Hello Jay. Moscow - 5 most modifed of this series. But personally I to it did not remove, but it has visited almost at every second of our collective. About visiting of schools Rodchenko (besides school Rodchenko there is still weight of others I of nothing I know. But among us is both eminent persons and winners of competitions and competitions. We have some basic shops where the film, chemistry, a paper is on sale. And also we order abroad. Yes, I printed on paper Slavich still yesterday. And I not enough aesthete to choose the best paper so I use to it with pleasure. That film which has brought to you your wife, leave to itself in a collection as it will soon cease to exist, and on quality it is bad. At us it do not use. Preferring Ilford. I would be glad to take advantage of your offer. Just I have started to think of acquisition wooden FIELD to the chamber 4x5. But I незнаю your prices? Ebey optimum enough variant? At us they stand very expensively. I could give money, or exchange for the Soviet phototechnics. For example, on Soviet FK, as in the second photo from above. "
Yours faithfully, Anton

GPS
6-Nov-2010, 03:01

С уважением,
Джей

J

I think it will be more you who will need that help there. Last time my friends went to St. Petersburg they were robbed there in a plain daylight - nobody helped them. They went then to Moscow - the same experience in the metro. Nobody dared to move a finger for them. Good news - the robbers are not interested in film cameras anymore, just the digital ones.:)

Antonenko
6-Nov-2010, 03:13
I think it will be more you who will need that help there. Last time my friends went to St. Petersburg they were robbed there in a plain daylight - nobody helped them. They went then to Moscow - the same experience in the metro. Nobody dared to move a finger for them. Good news - the robbers are not interested in film cameras anymore, just the digital ones.:)

It is exact! Ourselves suffer from it. Especially in Peter. There there is a whole gang for thefts of cameras from backpacks. Recently one have caught, so have taught a good lesson, if feet dragged. We have got tired to warn forgetful photographers about danger. But people as are careless. Especially foreigners whom it is problematic обращатся in police. With me it done not happen, as a burden to the phototechnician in a simple backpack or a bag

GPS
6-Nov-2010, 03:29
Antonenko,
what a pity! I have wonderful Russian friends and I would love to go to Russia to take pictures and to speak to people... After what I've heard I never dared.

Antonenko
6-Nov-2010, 03:35
Antonenko,
what a pity! I have wonderful Russian friends and I would love to go to Russia to take pictures and to speak to people... After what I've heard I never dared.
It is just necessary to be attentive :). And not to drag photobackpacks with expensive digital chambers without supervision.

Antonenko
6-Nov-2010, 03:44
Here you do not know from whom you will suffer. I here have suffered, when have bought a lens in the USA. A lens the seller is not sent also does not contact. At whom that have stolen, whom that have deceived. And still... At us tell "Wolves you are afraid, to wood do not go". But a life - a piece striped - never you know, where you are trapped by danger

GPS
6-Nov-2010, 03:47
Pravda, eto...

Antonenko
6-Nov-2010, 05:10
Pravda, eto...

Не "Pravda, eto..." а "Eto pravda..." Это правда:)

GPS
6-Nov-2010, 05:17
Eto takze pravda, esce odin raz... (kakaja to azbuka ;-))

Antonenko
6-Nov-2010, 05:31
Ну вот теперь поняли друг друга:)
Вы приблизитено знаете русский?

GPS
6-Nov-2010, 05:42
Mogu govorit (no ne kak vy!) i citaju Dovstojevskogo po russki.

Antonenko
6-Nov-2010, 05:50
Strange situation. You read Dostoevsky and the Block. And we read Steven King and Terri Pratchet:)
And you whence?

GPS
6-Nov-2010, 05:56
Strange situation. You read Dostoevsky and the Block. And we read Steven King and Terri Pratchet:)

You see - but I hope there are those of you who like the classics too...:)

Antonenko
6-Nov-2010, 06:02
You see - but I hope there are those of you who like the classics too...:)
Certainly is. And much. I come into the underground or a train - read all:)

davkt
6-Nov-2010, 06:03
They are still fun, but that fun is tempered by the fact that I can buy a used Pentax 6x7 in good user condition for the same price as a new-old-stock Kiev 60 that may not work at all. And even the lenses are much closer than they used to be.

Rick "who has a couple of Feds resting comfortably unused on a shelf" Denney

Yep, it seems Kiev prices have held up better than almost all the other MF brands. Have just been looking for a 645 camera. When I bought the Kiev 60 it was easily the cheapest 6x6 SLR by a long way (could have had 2 or 3 Kievs for the price of the next nearest) this time round I've ended up with a very nice Mamiya 645, could have had aN equally good Bronica for a little bit more and both would have been less than a well sorted Kiev. And doesn't cost much for an adapter to stick the fisheye on the Mamiya!

Antonenko
6-Nov-2010, 06:10
Yep, it seems Kiev prices have held up better than almost all the other MF brands. Have just been looking for a 645 camera. When I bought the Kiev 60 it was easily the cheapest 6x6 SLR by a long way (could have had 2 or 3 Kievs for the price of the next nearest) this time round I've ended up with a very nice Mamiya 645, could have had aN equally good Bronica for a little bit more and both would have been less than a well sorted Kiev. And doesn't cost much for an adapter to stick the fisheye on the Mamiya!
My Kiev 60 bought for 100 dollars serves regularly 5th year. Any malfunction done not happen. It thus that I casually dropped it about a tile some times:)
http://album.foto.ru:8080/photos/th/157427/1447757.jpg (http://album.foto.ru/photo/1447757#photo)
http://album.foto.ru:8080/photos/th/157427/1447758.jpg (http://album.foto.ru/photo/1447758#photo)

davkt
6-Nov-2010, 06:34
My Kiev 60 bought for 100 dollars serves regularly 5th year. Any malfunction done not happen. It thus that I casually dropped it about a tile some times:)
http://album.foto.ru:8080/photos/th/157427/1447757.jpg (http://album.foto.ru/photo/1447757#photo)
http://album.foto.ru:8080/photos/th/157427/1447758.jpg (http://album.foto.ru/photo/1447758#photo)

Yep my Kiev 60 is a great reliable camera, I need to service it at the moment but once I've had time to do that it will be good for many more years! I seem to remember mine cost around $250 from Kievcamera.net 8 or 9 years ago but for that cash it had been flocked inside and had mirror lock up added.

davkt
6-Nov-2010, 06:37
And you whence?

Great to hear that Diskworld has found it's way to Russia!

Antonenko
6-Nov-2010, 06:39
Yep my Kiev 60 is a great reliable camera, I need to service it at the moment but once I've had time to do that it will be good for many more years! I seem to remember mine cost around $250 from Kievcamera.net 8 or 9 years ago but for that cash it had been flocked inside and had mirror lock up added.
I have looked this site. Very expensively. I can find in 3-4 times more cheaply.

Jay DeFehr
6-Nov-2010, 07:49
And you whence?

I much prefer the Brothers Strugatsky, and Bulgakov to Steven King! I also love Dostoevsky and Nabokov, and perhaps most of all, Akhmatova!

As for thieves in Peter; I've carried my camera around the world, and locals always warn me to hide it, disguise it, or leave it in my hotel room, but I've never had any problem. I hope my luck holds out in Russia.

What kind of wooden field camera are you interested in? Some old ones sell for little money, but the better ones can be quite expensive. Let me know what you'd like, and I'll look for it.

We are fortunate here to have access to the widest variety of materials, and my current favorite printing paper is Slavich Bromoportrait Silk.

Be well!

davkt
6-Nov-2010, 07:54
I have looked this site. Very expensively. I can find in 3-4 times more cheaply.

Yep their prices have gone up lots since I bought from them (plus my £s buy much less $ than then!). Kiev prices have certainly gone up lots in Western Europe over the last few years as well.
I keep looking for a good, cheap Kiev 88cm body, back and finder though!

Antonenko
6-Nov-2010, 09:06
I much prefer the Brothers Strugatsky, and Bulgakov to Steven King! I also love Dostoevsky and Nabokov, and perhaps most of all, Akhmatova!

As for thieves in Peter; I've carried my camera around the world, and locals always warn me to hide it, disguise it, or leave it in my hotel room, but I've never had any problem. I hope my luck holds out in Russia.

What kind of wooden field camera are you interested in? Some old ones sell for little money, but the better ones can be quite expensive. Let me know what you'd like, and I'll look for it.

We are fortunate here to have access to the widest variety of materials, and my current favorite printing paper is Slavich Bromoportrait Silk.

Be well!
I not so love a fantasy, though any book a fantasy. Come to Moscow. And with me you will not have problems. As except the photographer to you anybody as it will better be protected from thieves will not tell. I cannot tell and I can not ask what I want. As it is not correct. I do not know what at you диллеры and where you actually live. As at you in price Shenhao, DEARDORFF, WISTA, Tachihara.? I am ready to pay their present cost or to make an exchange for technics which you will wish at us. If to you it is problematic, then Graflex. I was not in Peter but if you seriously there have gathered I will take vacation and I will partially keep your the company. Especially there too meetings are held. Anton

Antonenko
6-Nov-2010, 09:13
Yep their prices have gone up lots since I bought from them (plus my £s buy much less $ than then!). Kiev prices have certainly gone up lots in Western Europe over the last few years as well.
If want, I can help you with search of cheap Kiev 88

Antonenko
6-Nov-2010, 09:39
As consider, friends. Here this chamber as? http://cgi.ebay.com/4x5-Burke-James-Rembrant-Portrait-view-camera-II-/130451443981?pt=Film_Cameras&hash=item1e5f83110d#ht_500wt_1156 And that I have got tired the Combo on a shoulder to drag.

rdenney
6-Nov-2010, 19:37

DVDTechnik or Araxfoto, both in the Ukraine, are the only places left that have them. They are more expensive from those than in Moscow because they've supposedly gone through and upgraded by the local master technicians who are retired from Arsenal. In the case of Arax, I believe it--Gevorg Vartanyan took an 88CM I had bought from Mikhael Fourman and he made it run very nicely. I have four well-adjusted backs plus a 220 back, all in black with leather coverings. Very pretty. Almost a decent camera, but the shutter still bands a bit at 1/250 and faster.

My favorite 60 is a '94 model that I have used quite a bit, but my best one is probably the '01 black model, from Arsenal's last batch. These were both "upgraded" by Hartblei. The '94 shutter was about a stop slow, but I always used color negative film in it so it had the effect of derating the ISO, and that's generally a good thing with color negatives. I loved that camera with plain Fuji Reala.

Back in the 90's, KievUSA sold 88's for about $600 and 60's for $300, and these were supposedly upgraded. I rather doubt how much they upgraded them, but at least they made them work reasonably well (none of them was ever perfect). The $100 Kiev 60's in those days almost never worked properly--I have one of those, too.

If you were to post your desire to buy one on the Kiev Report, you might find someone willing to sell, but the number of people monitoring that forum has diminished quite a bit over the years. Many more read it than post in it, however. There are a couple of us here who are still as active as anyone over there.

Rick "who can adapt those P6 lenses to Canon EF and to Pentax 645" Denney

davkt
7-Nov-2010, 14:34
DVDTechnik or Araxfoto, both in the Ukraine, are the only places left that have them. They are more expensive from those than in Moscow because they've supposedly gone through and upgraded by the local master technicians who are retired from Arsenal. In the case of Arax, I believe it--Gevorg Vartanyan took an 88CM I had bought from Mikhael Fourman and he made it run very nicely. I have four well-adjusted backs plus a 220 back, all in black with leather coverings. Very pretty. Almost a decent camera, but the shutter still bands a bit at 1/250 and faster.

If you were to post your desire to buy one on the Kiev Report, you might find someone willing to sell, but the number of people monitoring that forum has diminished quite a bit over the years. Many more read it than post in it, however. There are a couple of us here who are still as active as anyone over there.

Rick "who can adapt those P6 lenses to Canon EF and to Pentax 645" Denney

Yep, have posted over there (I'm STalbot1 for reasons that escape me over there!) Still check in and read it though don't really post very often

Antonenko
13-Nov-2010, 10:44

Be well!

Now it is necessary nothing to me. Simply come, I will show our places in Moscow. In sankt-piterburg I can not go - the son small grows - I can not depart.