PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Wisconsin

Roboflick
1-Nov-2010, 15:45
I just wanted to introduce myself.

I've learned a lot from this list and everyone on board. I got back into photgraphy after a nearly 15 year hiatus. I started in highschool with my mother's Voigtlander which was sitting in a closet unused. I didn't really understand photography and just used it as a snapshot camera. It was stolen a couple of years later.
2 years ago I bought a stereo realist and embarked on a new odyssey, I have gotten way into stereo photography and medium format stereo photography and over the summer bought a crown graphic and shot some nice photos of the wildflowers at Mt. Rainier. I found myself wanting to explore movement so I bought a new Tachihara from Jim at MPEX. I love it and look forward to experimenting with portraiture. My wife is my often unwilling subject :)
I look forward to participating and meeting other large format shooters in the Appleton area and the world

Nik

Terry Hull
1-Nov-2010, 17:10
Just did a 3 week trip back to Janesville where I grew up. Lots of architecture/small main street stuff. I always enjoying shooting small south / south western wisconsin towns!

evan clarke
1-Nov-2010, 17:18
Welcome, Terry, I'm from New Berlin. There aren't many LF people here in Wisconsin. We have a group with a little bigger range called the Midwest Large Format Asylum and we meet informally on the third Saturday of each month and have an outing....Evan Clarke

Peter De Smidt
1-Nov-2010, 19:22
Welcome from Fond du Lac.

Roboflick
2-Nov-2010, 07:28
Welcome, Terry, I'm from New Berlin. There aren't many LF people here in Wisconsin. We have a group with a little bigger range called the Midwest Large Format Asylum and we meet informally on the third Saturday of each month and have an outing....Evan Clarke

Where do you meet up?

Nik

evan clarke
2-Nov-2010, 08:07
This month, we are going to Monticello, Illinois and several of us will overnight there. It is a completely unstructured affair, those who wish bring prints to pass and we just photograph, chitchat and eat. See the website http://www.deepthought.com/smf/ to get a feel for us inmates!!..Evan

Colleen K
2-Nov-2010, 08:53
Welcome from Jackson, WI
I'll second Evan's recommendation of the Midwest Large Format Asylum-a great group of people to hang out with.
Colleen

Vick Vickery
2-Nov-2010, 09:01
Welcome to group therepy! :)

jeroldharter
2-Nov-2010, 16:42
Welcome from Stevens Point.

Jim Becia
2-Nov-2010, 18:50
And greetings from Mt. Horeb. Jim

Roboflick
3-Nov-2010, 08:49
Thanks for the welcome. ANy tips on things to shoot locally?

evan clarke
3-Nov-2010, 09:20

Was going to ask YOU that:D ..EC

Peter De Smidt
3-Nov-2010, 10:36

What types of things are you interested in photographing?

Roboflick
3-Nov-2010, 14:38
What types of things are you interested in photographing?

Nature, landscapes, family, waterfalls. architecture,

pretty much everything,

Nik

jeroldharter
3-Nov-2010, 16:06
Where in Wisconsin are you located?

Roboflick
3-Nov-2010, 17:04
Where in Wisconsin are you located?
Neenah
I've been here for 4 years. moved here from Nashville, grew up around NYC in New Jersey

Nik

keith english
3-Nov-2010, 18:56
Howdy Ya'll. Im in Georgia but we have a second home in Delavan, near Janesville, where my wife is from. Only get there about 4 times a year right now, but hope to spend more time in the future. I met up with the Midwest asylum for a Dec. shoot at Yerkes Observatory. Hope to see yall again. I don't really even mind the snow!