PDA

View Full Version : Creo iQsmart2 and the old oXYgen software - help needed!

Daniel Chrobak
29-Oct-2010, 01:13
Hi!

I have just bought a scanner Creo iQsmart2 and I have a problem with the software.

My current scanning work-flow was based on 16bit TIFF files. Unfortunately, I bought a scanner with the oldest oxygen software (v. 2.1.3), which does not support writing to 16bit files. I tried to contact Kodak and other old distributors of Creo scanners in my country, but nobody was able to help me.

Maybe someone of you have a newer version of Oxygen, that supports DT writing to the 16bit files and would like to sell it to me?

Can I count on your support?

Dan

PS
(I have send the same post to ScanHi-End on Yahoo Groups)

jammo
1-Nov-2010, 03:01
Hi. As far as I can tell, your IQsmart will not be able to support DT files. This is the domain of the IQsmart3.

Where are you? I have the 2.6.3 software, only works up to 10.5.8.

Regards

Daniel Chrobak
1-Nov-2010, 03:32
Hi. As far as I can tell, your IQsmart will not be able to support DT files. This is the domain of the IQsmart3.

Where are you? I have the 2.6.3 software, only works up to 10.5.8.

Regards

Hi jammo!

What you're saying is nothing good for me. But I still need a newer software, to write files in 16bit RGB mode.

I am from Poland, EU.

regards,
daniel

yaya
2-Nov-2010, 13:13
Have you tried through this page (http://graphics.kodak.com/GB/en/How-To-Buy/default.htm#Poland)?

You can also try these people in UK (http://www.cpsnet.co.uk/pages/frame06.htm) they might be able to help

Yair

jammo
3-Nov-2010, 05:44
Hi jammo!

What you're saying is nothing good for me. But I still need a newer software, to write files in 16bit RGB mode.

I am from Poland, EU.

regards,
daniel

Which OS are you working on? I can sell you the oXYgen 2.5.6 version for OS 10.3.x-10.4.x which does support 16-bit RGB mode.

" oXYgen Scan Version 2.5.6 Release Notes
Version Highlights
oXYgen Scan version 2.5.6 software provides the following new features and enhancements:
• Access to oXYgen Scan for Scientific Research software. For more information, see the oXYgen Smart Tip for Scientific Research
• 16-bit RGB files, which enable you to output an RGB color space such as Adobe 1998 and ProFoto.
• A new scanning mode called 16-bit B/W, for scanning B/W images, as well as RGB images. This new mode addresses the ever-increasing need for archival of analog images as digital media."

Michael

P.S: You still will not be able to create DT files though!

krrussell
23-Jun-2011, 15:05
jammo, i'm willing to buy the 2.5.6 version you having, pending Kodak's inability to get it for me. We'll be using a dedicated computer to hook up to this scanner.

Best,
Kim

Patrick Raymore
24-Jun-2011, 13:40
I have the original and genuine kodak oxygen scan 2.5.6 that I am willing to sell. contact me off line.

Pat

Patrick Raymore
25-Jun-2011, 16:26
Oxygen scan versions are specific to both scanner AND computer AND operating system (OS).

Version 2.5.6 for the IQsmart (that I have) will work for the IQsmart 1,2 and 3. The computer has to be an apple G4 or G5. (an intel mac or Imac will not work). Version 2.5.6 will work with panther (10.3x), tiger (10.4x). Will not work on leopard or snow leopard.

To work on leopard you will need version 2.6.2 and above on a G5 (not a G4).

To work on snow leopard you need version 2.6.4 on a G5 or better.

iMac can not use but version 2.4.0

Sometimes older versions of the IQsmart will not work well with newer software versions and I have no ideal why.

I learnt much of this the hard way. I do not recommend that anyone buy a IQsmart scanner without the calibration slide or and the software. Would not like to see them go through the hell I did. (by the way Kodak is as concerned about copied software as adobe is)

I am presently using 2.6.4 on a supreme II.

hope the above was helpful.

Pat

barr405
18-Feb-2013, 06:42
I don't wanna be a necroposter, but have no choice :(

So hi to All!

I'm looking for oxygen scan software 2.6.4. which supports MAC OS X 10.6.x.
Is anybody here can share this installation CD, please!!?? And If it will cost some extra $$ for me I can PayPal it to You.

And one more question - will it work on a MacBook Pro or I need to buy a Mac Pro to operate iQsmart3?

Many thanks!

georgl
1-Mar-2013, 12:32
@barr405
You have a PM, hope it helps!

Hoppet
16-Mar-2013, 02:14
for who needs it:

oXYgen Scan 2.6.4 (OSX 10.6.x Snow Leopard) £599 + VAT
oXYgen Scan 2.6.3 (OSX 10.5.x Leopard + Intel) £499 + VAT
oXYgen Scan 2.6.2 (OSX 10.4.x Tiger + Intel) £399 + VAT
oXYgen Scan 2.6.1 (OSX 10.4.x Tiger/10.3.x Panther + Intel) £299 + VAT
oXYgen Scan 2.5.6 (OSX 10.4.x Tiger/10.3.x Panther, not Intel) £199 + VAT

i don't know if this people are still alive but they sold creo supplies :

http://www.cpsnet.co.uk/scanners/iqsmart-scanners/iqsmart-options.aspx

Kamran
13-Feb-2016, 06:54
i wana purchase my name is kamran 00923334913637

Evanjoe610
3-Jul-2016, 05:56
Kamran,

I believe that the IQSmart & Eversmart software are DIFFERENT Software written for each respective scanner.

Please contact michael Streeter of Genesis Equipment for IQSmart software and any spare parts.

Evan

The Deer Gunter
5-Jul-2016, 13:21
i wana purchase my name is kamran 00923334913637Why would you purchase software that is officially free to download!? Anyone asking a price for this software is committing a fraud in my opinion.
Go to http://www.kodak.com/ek/US/en/Partner_Place.htm , sign up, login, select Service & Support tab, perform a search on 'oXYgen Scan', and you'll get to the download section of the software.

Evanjoe610
9-Jul-2016, 06:36
You would have to be a Business entity in order to take available of this Free Download.

My personal account was disabled by Kodak as they told me I was using it for personal use, although I purchased spare parts from them over the years.

Not everyone will benefit if they are not a business.
Evan

Why would you purchase software that is officially free to download!? Anyone asking a price for this software is committing a fraud in my opinion.
Go to http://www.kodak.com/ek/US/en/Partner_Place.htm , sign up, login, select Service & Support tab, perform a search on 'oXYgen Scan', and you'll get to the download section of the software.