PDA

View Full Version : I wish I were a rich man....

Emil Schildt
14-Oct-2010, 11:55
..as I just noticed an auction on photographs, including some really nice Horst P Horst images....

http://www.artfact.com/auction-lot/horst,-horst-p.-1906-1999-mainbocher-corset.-226-c-f58c5fcb67

just the first one pictures...

but a starting price of 10.000$; I have to pass.

Brian C. Miller
14-Oct-2010, 12:10
But you are rich. You have a camera and film. Now go get a babe, set her up, and make some photographs! :)

Emil Schildt
14-Oct-2010, 12:17
But you are rich. You have a camera and film. Now go get a babe, set her up, and make some photographs! :)

:D

Correction: I have LOTS of cameras - LOTS of babes; I make photographes.....

I'm just lusting for Horst images :o

Steve M Hostetter
14-Oct-2010, 12:43
can't take it with ya either

Emil Schildt
14-Oct-2010, 12:52
can't take it with ya either

Well - I plan to be buryed together with my 6+ Gandolfi cameras - then I hope somebody will dig me out in about 2000 years and think it is something cultish....:D

Armin Seeholzer
14-Oct-2010, 13:41
I have LOTS of cameras - LOTS of babes; I make photographes.....

So Emil you must be a lucky man, with all thad hot Danish babes;--)))

Stephane
14-Oct-2010, 13:53
Gandolfi the Tollund man from Denmark! If they find you in 2000 years, they'll think you were buried with (gandolfi) TV sets, and maybe one could make light-tight bellows out of your cured skin...
But in 2000 years, lots of things can happen!

Ash
14-Oct-2010, 14:43
I want a print by Emil Schildt more than I want a print by Horst....

Emil Schildt
14-Oct-2010, 15:48
I want a print by Emil Schildt more than I want a print by Horst....

that's the nicest thing anyone have said to me in a long time!

PM me your adress, and I'd be happy to oblige!

Findingmyway4ever
31-Oct-2010, 22:29
that's the nicest thing anyone have said to me in a long time!

PM me your adress, and I'd be happy to oblige!

Well there's something I really value/treasure in old prints, done by people with or without names. They have something remarkably beautiful about them...paper/chemicals/how things were done/etc. I can definitely understand why one would want something classical like the artist you enjoy that has nicely simple and eloquent portrait work.

This said, I'm with Ash on this one. I find your images to have an artform that far exceeds 99% of the people out there. I would personally take one of your images because it is an expression of today's artform in a way that is really astonishing. It's abstract without going excessively overboard.

Do I get a print as well? Ok. I'll leave it to the fortunate Ash on this one, though I'd gladly oblige to accept one of your prints that I know will take the cake with anything I have around here by myself and other photographers that I have had fortunance to receive work from.

Keep up the fine art and do things as you envision. In the end, a photograph is an admirable treasure when it is a print in the hand that can go into a place that will preserve an protect it for as long as is possible!

Cheers!

Steven Tribe
1-Nov-2010, 04:21
"Now go get a babe, set her up, and make some photographs!".

I have no doubt that Emil combined with a suitable model could do even better.
But models of this calibre - and without tatoos, piercing and with body hair - are as rare as Gandolfi's good taste and compositional skills!

Robert Hughes
10-Nov-2010, 14:44
Well - I plan to be buryed together with my 6+ Gandolfi cameras - then I hope somebody will dig me out in about 2000 years and think it is something cultish....:D
My guess is that you'd only last through the weekend before one of the LF resurrectionists struck.

Emil Schildt
10-Nov-2010, 17:02
My guess is that you'd only last through the weekend before one of the LF resurrectionists struck.

ooh - I didn't think of that...:eek: