PDA

View Full Version : Beseler CB-7 enlarger

Eric Woodbury
3-Oct-2010, 09:41
Does anyone have a working link to a manual for this enlarger?

What coldlight did this use and is it one on the list for Voltarc?

Thanks in advance.

Robert Ley
3-Oct-2010, 11:30
Eric,
You are a lucky guy, the CB-7 was the best enlarger that Beseler made.

You should be able to use any head that will fit a Beseler 45 and any negative carrier as well. The Beseler 45 was a very popular enlarger and many manufacturers of enlarger heads made them to fit the 45 or made adapters to fit the 45.

Good Luck,
Robert

Eric Woodbury
3-Oct-2010, 12:58
Robert

I just got the enlarger yesterday. There are some knobs I don't understand. I haven't tried to align it yet, but it should be a breeze. And the neg carriers fit. But the condenser is about an extra inch in diameter compared to 45M and so wouldn't it be nice to have an oversized coldlight to match. I considered using the condenser, but it is so tall I can't raise the enlarger far and I can't cut a hole in the ceiling either.

I have two other Beseler 45Ms, one converted to an 8x10 and the other will probably be sold. It is nice because it has the lens stage swing on it that Alan Ross put on there.

Robert Ley
4-Oct-2010, 11:59
Eric,

I'm sorry, I didn't know that the condensers were of different sizes. I was always lead to believe that they were interchangeable. Beseler has always been so good about interchangeability between there products.

If you are going to print with VC paper, why don't you try to find a color head and get it adapted to the CB-7?

I use a 45S head for printing both color and B&W. I have a 45MXT and a low ceiling in my darkroom and the 45S head allows me to print 20x24 on the baseboard and I have a bit of room to spare in the ceiling height.

Good Luck,
Robert

dsphotog
4-Oct-2010, 14:52
Aristo made a spacer flange to mount the D-2 size cold light head on CB7's & 45M's.

johnielvis
8-Oct-2010, 16:09
I have .pdf's of a manual for the older grey one, with electrical schematic---the powerfocus motor install book and a besseler brochure

send me an email and I'll replyh with them as attachments

if you dont' watn the condenser head, I'd be interested in a spare!!!!!! them oversized condensers are HARD to find