PDA

View Full Version : Epson R2400 "Advanced B&W" Problem

bcbounders
12-Sep-2010, 13:46
Hi All,

My mother-in-law has been having trouble with her Epson R2400. She was trying to print a B&W photo onto Epson Matte Paper - Heavyweight paper, but the "Advanced B&W" option wasn't available... even though this is a supported paper for that mode and she had all of the settings (like "Best Photo" photo quality) set.

The driver WILL let her select the "Advanced B&W" option if she chooses one of the glossy papers that are supported... which is strange.

She's using Photoshop CS5 running on OS X 10.6.4, if that's of any importance. We've run through making sure that she's got the latest version of the driver... since everything was wiped and reinstalled when she upgraded to 10.6 & CS5 just last month (there were a lot of problems getting anything to print with any kind of color close to what's on the screen... so we had to reset the printing system, delete all the printer drivers and start from scratch, which seemed to fix everything... until now).

Thanks, in advance, for any input.

Jon Shiu
12-Sep-2010, 15:32
I don't have that printer, but one thing to check is that the matte black ink cartridge is loaded and recognized by the Epson driver.

Jon

bcbounders
12-Sep-2010, 15:34
I don't have that printer, but one thing to check is that the matte black ink cartridge is loaded and recognized by the Epson driver.

Jon

Jon,

Thanks for the reply. I have had her check (and double-check) that the Matte Black cartridge is installed. She even swapped the current cartridge for a new one... and no luck. When running the Printer Utility and doing an Ink Levels check, it shows that the Matte Black cartridge is in place, so I assume the printer driver is seeing it, too.

Thanks for the suggestion!

bcbounders
13-Sep-2010, 11:45
Well,

My M-I-L called Epson this morning... and they got her straightened out (somehow... I don't know, yet, what they did different than I had tried with re-installing the printer, etc., :confused: but whatever... it's working! ;) ).

Thanks!