PDA

View Full Version : Durst 138s cold light

Tom Potter
28-Aug-2010, 09:53
I am looking for a cold light head for our durst 138s enlarger. We have the older Aristo that requires extensive yellow filtration. Would like to find a v54 source for the durst.

Allen in Montreal
28-Aug-2010, 10:30
Tom,

We are all waiting, with baited breath, see if Aristo's new owners will make a run of replacement lamps.
I for one would snap up a few 5x7 lamps too if they go ahead with a run.
Maybe if you drop them a note to show continued interest in the idea, it may help nudge it along.

aduncanson
28-Aug-2010, 11:22
...Maybe if you drop them a note to show continued interest in the idea, it may help nudge it along.

Sounds like a great idea. I've got two for 4x5 that I would love to have some insurance on. Do you have an address for them?

Tom Potter
28-Aug-2010, 11:57
aristogrid.com/cold_light_heads.htm
This is their web address.
Tom

Tom Potter
28-Aug-2010, 12:02
I have talked with them on the phone about 6-8 months ago with no indication at that time they were going to continue with cold light heads or bulbs. A new owner--perhaps not interested

ic-racer
28-Aug-2010, 13:21
I am looking for a cold light head for our durst 138s enlarger. We have the older Aristo that requires extensive yellow filtration. Would like to find a v54 source for the durst.

I'm not sure how much faster that v54 is going to be, as most of the intensity loss is going to be from the MG filters themselves.

To get shorter printing times you should look into the CLS dichroic head. You will likely get better evenness of illumination with the CLS head also.

Curt
28-Aug-2010, 20:06
I've been looking for a color head for my durst 138 for a couple of years now, I called Aristo, Volt or whatever they are called and they have called it quits, NO ARISTO, no more, as to making some bulbs, they can't find the templates to bend them so that's a real long shot and I wouldn't hold out for a replacement. I emailed them just a couple of weeks ago so this is new news.

Tom Potter
29-Aug-2010, 12:19
Thanks all for the words. I guess I'll stick with the old lamp until it dies, hopefully after I do.
Tom