PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for Velvia 100

The Muid
18-Aug-2010, 09:28
Hi all,

I've noticed on websites that Fujifilm have discontinued Velvia 100 in 8x10" format. Does anyone know why they did this? Will they ever bring it back out?

I'm really upset over this, cause I've just been getting used to the particulars of that beautiful film, and my world has been utterly shaken assunder :(

Can anyone recommend a replacement film that is similar and has similar dynamic range and saturation. I always preferred the Velvia 100 over Velvia 50, simply because of the increased exposure latitude and the faster speed. Being a poor student, I haven't had the money to try different films, but have read online about the Kodak Transparency film, and it seems good. Has anyone used these films? How do they compare? Also, I've been trying to look up prices for the Kodak films online but couldn't find them anywhere. Does anyone have any idea where I can buy it in England or Ireland?

Thanks everyone for your time and your help :)

Diarmuid :cool:

timparkin
18-Aug-2010, 10:42
Hi all,

I've noticed on websites that Fujifilm have discontinued Velvia 100 in 8x10" format. Does anyone know why they did this? Will they ever bring it back out?

Diarmuid :cool:

Are you sure they haven't just discontinued 10 boxes and moved to 20 boxes?

Tim

sanchi heuser
18-Aug-2010, 11:54
Hi Diarmuid,

check this.
http://www.calumetphoto.co.uk/item/129-697P/

Maybe in US it's a bit cheaper (with 100 sheets and more)?

sanchi