PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Rhudey and "Let's Talk Hockey..."

jim kitchen
1-Aug-2010, 00:21
Dear Group,

Just a heads up for anyone within the greater Calgary area, since this might be an interesting evening for you and your better half… :)

Every year I donate a framed image to Kelly Rhudey's "Let's Talk Hockey…" which is a well known Calgary charitable event for children with Down Syndrome, and where a few extremely notable Canadian painters also donate a painting to this well sponsored event. Each year my images stand out like a sore thumb among several famous Canadian painters, and periodically it becomes an embarrassing situation when the auctioneer continues to inform the audience that the paintings represent an original art piece, and not a print, until he comes to my image, which he must describe as a print. As a side note, my artwork always happens to be the last item that is bid upon by the audience, and where I can only say that the auctioned value for my image brings a smile to my face and the charitable event organizers.

I have had the pleasure of knowing Kelly Rhudey and his family for many years, and although this is only one local charitable event that I participate in, such as the Calgary Children's Hospital, et al, Kelly's event brings many popular international hockey celebrities into one location to support this worthy televised cause. The paintings and my image are auction off within a live auction at "Flames Central," located along Calgary's 8th avenue pedestrian mall near or at the end of the evening, where everyone is primed with a few drinks to bid outrageous dollars upon the available artwork.

The event takes place on Saturday evening, September 18, 2010. You can also view the event information here: http://www.prepprog.org/hockey.php

This year, and at the request of the foundation, a great close friend, and artistic associate, will place a painting into the fold for the auction, where I would like to ask you to take moment of your time to review her art work, through a website that I have nearly finished for Robyn Oliver. Robyn is involved in a charitable art show this long August weekend within British Columbia, supporting another prominent charitable event within that Province, and where her donation to the Kelly Rhudey event will be determined upon that event's completion. Robyn's work happens to sell very quickly, so much so, that she tends to wave that fact ecstatically and with great pleasure in my face, throughout the year. She is such a pest...

Her new and nearly complete website, generated as a precis from my own website, is located here: http://www.robynoliver.ca

So, if you are inclined to participate in a fun evening, and would like to rub a few shoulders with a few famous hockey players, team owners, and few other very notable individuals, please contact me directly, and please do so as quickly as possible, since this event sells out within a few days of public notification, where I shall set aside an inexpensive event ticket for you, and your better, other half. The drinks are cheap, the food is great, the company is excellent, and you might be able to tell your friends that you had a moment or two to chat with a hockey celebrity, or two.

This year's hot seat celebrities, to be interviewed by Kelly Rhudey, are Ken King, the President of the Calgary Flames, and Patrick Laforge, President of the Edmonton Oilers. I look forward to seeing you at this event, if you are so inclined…

Again, thank you for your time, and your review of this announcement.

jim k

I donated this framed image at the end of last year's event, for this year's auction, which happens to be a 24X38 inch print. The framed image was properly stored within a controlled environment, during the past year for this auction…

Hoar Frost Forest Floor, Near Radium, British Columbia, Canada, 1986

http://largeformatgroupimages.jimkitchen.ca/images/86022217.jpg