PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Lowepro Magnum 400 AW ?

siloseven
22-Jul-2010, 11:05
I'm thinking of buying one these to carry my Arca F Line and want to divide the bag into two side-by-side sections, ie, I'll need a divider than spans the 9.6" (bag depth according to the specs) from the back to the front of the bag. However, none of the pictures on the Lowepro site show any dividers of this size, just one big one running from side to side and lots of smaller ones. Anyone own one and know if they come with dividers like I need?

williamtheis
22-Jul-2010, 16:52
I have my Arca F line in an RPI

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/accessories/backpack.shtml

siloseven
23-Jul-2010, 00:18
I'm pretty much set on a shoulder bag at the moment as I only intend to go short distances - no wilderness hiking.

Darren H
23-Jul-2010, 04:34
While I think that would fit the camera I am not sure if the specs allow for much extra room for lenses, film, etc when you consider how the camera would be placed in the bag. Have you had a chance to look at one in person to see how it all fits?

siloseven
23-Jul-2010, 04:53
I've seen the bag but I didn't have the camera with me to try it. The bag is large enough to stand the camera upright with the ground glass flat against one end and if I put both standards onto one 150mm rail it will only take up 150mm of space across the length of the bag - this leaves plenty of room for other gear. But to do this I need to be able span a divider from the front to the back of the back to create a compartment for the camera, hence the original question. I've sent an email to Lowepro but they haven't responded so far.