PDA

View Full Version : The last of the TELE-XENAR 360MM F5.5 lenses (1990+). Any good?

Lachlan 717
1-Jul-2010, 15:39
Anyone using one of these? If so, can you please let me know what you think?

I'm referring to the modern one, with the straight-sided front barrel, not the older one with the cone-shaped front barrel.

Thinking about doing some tele-panoramics, particularly rugged seascapes/shorescapes.

Thanks in advance for any opinions or information.

georg s
1-Jul-2010, 18:14
3 Weeks ago I got one of the last ones made (in a nice modern Compur - love this shutter).
I've used the lens only once so far and I'm unable to assign a useful rating yet.
I'm a LF-novice and the only thing that made me wonder was the slightly reduced contrast wide open compared to other LF-lenses I've used so far - focusing the Tele-Xenar wasn't as easy as expected.
The pictures turned out sharp and contrasty (stopped down a good bit).
georg

Lachlan 717
1-Jul-2010, 21:10
3 Weeks ago I got one of the last ones made (in a nice modern Compur - love this shutter).
I've used the lens only once so far and I'm unable to assign a useful rating yet.
I'm a LF-novice and the only thing that made me wonder was the slightly reduced contrast wide open compared to other LF-lenses I've used so far - focusing the Tele-Xenar wasn't as easy as expected.
The pictures turned out sharp and contrasty (stopped down a good bit).
georg

Thanks, Georg.

If things change (i.e. your opinion), either for better or for worse, can you please post your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.