PDA

View Full Version : Balcar Strobe heads

marcojoe
9-Jun-2010, 14:33
Does anyone know the catalog name for the old Balcar square shaped flash heads that are light blue in color ??? They have the short U-tube. They also made them in gray. I spoke to Devo Reno of Photo Electronics who is the expert on Balcar and he thought it was 3059. The "Silver bullet" head was a 102U or Universal head.
I understand that Balcar is back in business in France. Do they have a office or rep in N.Y.C. ?????

Ric.64
12-Sep-2013, 09:44
Does anyone know the catalog name for the old Balcar square shaped flash heads that are light blue in color ??? They have the short U-tube. They also made them in gray. I spoke to Devo Reno of Photo Electronics who is the expert on Balcar and he thought it was 3059. The "Silver bullet" head was a 102U or Universal head.
I understand that Balcar is back in business in France. Do they have a office or rep in N.Y.C. ?????

Ric.64
12-Sep-2013, 09:47
Marcojoe :
I was wondering if you might have a short tube cover for a Balcar head that you might like to sell .
I am looking for a clear glass 2"+ X 3 1/8 ''+- .

AtlantaTerry
12-Sep-2013, 12:00
Balcar strobes were very popular in the '70s in the Chicago area. Check with some of the old timers at Helix Camera or Standard Camera there about parts, service, etc.