PDA

View Full Version : Berlebach tripod leg spreader

geneaker
31-May-2010, 10:58
Is there such a thing as a leg spreader.? Some years ago I bought a Berlebach tripod. Set up my 8x10 Tachi. Fine. then I went to move the tripod--when I noticed the legs would not stay in a spread position --. I found this terribly frustrating. Finally when I wasn't being careful--by whole camera fell over. ouch! I put tripod in the garage a few years ago.
Now--I'm headed out to the CA coast with a 45 tachi----I"d like to use the Berlebach again--if I could fix the legs.
Question: is there such a thing as leg spreader that would help me--Or some easy jerry-rigged solution. ?????thoughts????????????. thanks.:)

Mark Woods
31-May-2010, 11:10
There are spreaders used in the film industry. Manfrotto makes them, and I'm sure others do to.

MW

Bob Salomon
31-May-2010, 11:14
Which model do you have? The Report series have small hooks on the bottom of the leg for a chain but the Report series that are usually sold at retailers in the USA have Berlebach's leg spread angle adjusters on the top of the leg. The Uni series also accept the chain as well as a spreader accessory. Both series also accept a dolly.

geneaker
31-May-2010, 11:45
Thanks for all the responses. I have the 3032--with the built in head. I'm looking for something like a Reis style angle bracket. Maybe I should just buy a Reis tripod.

Bob Salomon
31-May-2010, 12:22
Thanks for all the responses. I have the 3032--with the built in head. I'm looking for something like a Reis style angle bracket. Maybe I should just buy a Reis tripod.

Go to our web site:

hpmarketingcorp.com and go to the Berlebach tab and at the bottom of the page go to the Berlebach link and then download the Berlebach catalog and you can see everything they make thjat will work with your tripod.

geneaker
31-May-2010, 15:24
Thanks Bob, I went to the site-- the leg brackets might work.

Blumine
31-May-2010, 19:24
Berlebach actually has leg locks that can be retrofitted onto any existing tripod. The kit costs 99 Euros as I recall. I ordered and installed them in about 2o minutes. They weren't posted on Berlebach's homepage I had to contact them directly.

Blumine

geneaker
31-May-2010, 20:37
thanks. Can you adjust the width of the spread?