PDA

View Full Version : Trying to print 36" x 48" epson 10600

jayg
20-May-2010, 04:36
Hi, I'm quite new to this but have an epson 10600 on which I'm trying to print an image to canvas 36" x 48" from photoshop 7. I have loaded 36" canvas and have used the user defined paper sizes and selected banner. When it prints it only prints 36" length so leaves off 12". It's probably something I'm not doing but any ideas welcome. When previewing the print in epson preview it is missing the 12" as well.

Jim Becia
20-May-2010, 06:06
Hi, I'm quite new to this but have an epson 10600 on which I'm trying to print an image to canvas 36" x 48" from photoshop 7. I have loaded 36" canvas and have used the user defined paper sizes and selected banner. When it prints it only prints 36" length so leaves off 12". It's probably something I'm not doing but any ideas welcome. When previewing the print in epson preview it is missing the 12" as well.

When setting up your paper/canvas to print, make sure that you have chosen the right setting in terms of landscape or portrait. Are you printing with margins or without? I would choose the roll paper setting, either with or without margins (but to be honest, I'm not sure what the banner setting is for as I have never used it and I have printed several images in the size you have mentioned). You do have to define the paper size so you should be setting that at 3600 (wide) and at least 4900 (length). If printing without margins, your image size needs to be .3 inches wider than 36, so image size needs to be 36.3x48. Good luck

jayg
20-May-2010, 13:56
Hi, I appear to be doing all the above, someone mentioned to me that photoshop 7 is limited to 30,000 pixels so don't know if that is causing the problem.
The image starts printing fine, all the right orientation etc but as soon as it reaches 36" length it stops printing, and also the print preview shows this part missing as well,

L&Scape
21-May-2010, 13:11
Hi, I believe this has to do with .jpg format. To my understanding .jpg is limited to max 30,000 pixels. You should try to change the format to photoshop .psd or .tiff. Let us know if this helps.

jayg
22-May-2010, 07:16
Hi, Have installed drivers to my laptop which is vista instead of windows 2000 and the size problem is solved, only problem now is a colour profile as the colour is awful, too blue.
The size problem I can only think is a windows 2000 problem, have reinstalled the drivers from epson website but still the same.

SteveJ84
16-Dec-2011, 05:07
I have not yet done doing this at my own, but I can recommend CanvasTouch.com maybe it will help you a lot just take some info at their web.