PDA

View Full Version : Pentax Spotmeter V

seawolf66
28-Apr-2010, 09:28
I was just checking the spot meter and found the following batteries in it?
AG13 Button cell akso VARTA V76PX and a G13A

Do I need to find these same batteries for this spotmeter or here is where I am lost
have no Idea of values on these batteries:

Or should this meter be reworked for a more proper battery set up:

Thanks all for your insite to this problem of mine:

I do have a Varta V76PX somewhere in my stuff!

ic-racer
28-Apr-2010, 09:34
The manual calls for "1.5V" mercury battery. I suspect they mean nominal "1.5V" as mercury batteries were less than that.

The good thing about small batteries these days is that they have developed a battery for hearing aids that fails in a month or so, thus promoting battery sales to the elderly. These rapid-failure batteries happen to be close to the voltage of mercury cells. Search for "Zinc Air" hearing aid batteries in LR44 size.

Here is an example:
http://www.bikudo.com/product_search/details/64758/zinc_air_button_cells_a312.html

rdenney
28-Apr-2010, 09:47
These are quite standard and common 1.5-volt "A76" silver button batteries, available just about anywhere. They are not the 1.3-volt mercury button batteries needed for some old cameras, which are no longer available.

Rick "whose cameras collectively use about 50 of these batteries" Denney

Kevin Crisp
28-Apr-2010, 10:03
These batteries are now popular in things like key chain lights and LED candles and can now be found in bulk for very little. Harbor Freight Tools has them and so does Target. If you go to a photo store or a drug store they are more like $4 each.