PDA

View Full Version : Where's the 'My Posts' button

Jeffrey Sipress
20-Apr-2010, 16:05
Is there one? It is real handy to see a list of my recent posts for review. This should be at the top of every page that I'm on.

Eric James
20-Apr-2010, 16:12
Click on your name to the left of a post - a pulldown menu appears with "Find More Posts by Jeffery Sipress" as one of a number of options.

BradS
20-Apr-2010, 16:13
use the advanced search page. put your user name in the name field and search for all posts by user.

Jeffrey Sipress
20-Apr-2010, 21:39
So, that means there is no direct way? I'm not that lazy, but it is a feature that I would use constantly.

BradS
20-Apr-2010, 22:53
i agree it is annoying to have to use these work-arounds. More annoying to me is the fact that the "Unified veiw" button excludes the "For Sale" section and two other areas (probably "Lounge" and???). That button is completely worthless.

Sascha Welter
21-Apr-2010, 01:11
Jeffrey, make a bookmark to the following link, by right-clicking or on a Mac control-clicking the link and choosing "Bookmark this link" or similar in the context menu:

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/search.php?do=process&searchuser=Jeffrey%20Sipress&starteronly=0&exactname=1&submit=Search%20Now

It could be that you would have to create the bookmark manually, sometimes browsers mangle bookmarks. Don't bookmark the resulting search results page, as you've probably noticed, that won't work.

For other users it's easy to replace Jeffrey's username in there with your own. Be sure to not use spaces around the username and replace any spaces *in* the user name with %20.

Sascha Welter
21-Apr-2010, 01:16
Grmbl, of course you can also bookmark the link for "Find More Posts by Jeffery Sipress" on one of your posts... haha. Why make it easy when you can have it complicated :-)

eddie
23-Apr-2010, 03:09
i agree it is annoying to have to use these work-arounds. More annoying to me is the fact that the "Unified veiw" button excludes the "For Sale" section and two other areas (probably "Lounge" and???). That button is completely worthless.

there was a discussion on how to make it show in unified. check the archives...i am too lazy to find it and i do not use unified....

PViapiano
23-Apr-2010, 12:09
APUG has that button!

Kirk Gittings
23-Apr-2010, 13:08
I posted this question to the moderators. I'll let you know.

Shawn Dougherty
23-Apr-2010, 14:25
I agree that this would be a quite useful feature.

Jeffrey Sipress
23-Apr-2010, 14:30
Kirk,

Thank You!

Kirk Gittings
23-Apr-2010, 15:38
This is a question that will have to be answered by our software guru, Tom Westbrook who is currently on vacation. So give us a few days. Thanks all.

Tom Westbrook
25-Apr-2010, 14:57
The only place I've ever found this is by clicking on a name to the left of a post by you or anyone else. In the resulting drop-down there's an option to 'Find more posts by xxxxx'. See attachment for a screen-shot.

Jeffrey Sipress
25-Apr-2010, 21:46
Thanks, Tom, but I already know that. I need a way to find my posts, and you're assuming that I already found one. Not logical.

Kirk Gittings
25-Apr-2010, 21:49
APUG has that button!

Where?

csant
25-Apr-2010, 23:09
Where?

On the "Forums | Groups | Blogs" tab, between "Today's posts" and "Threads I'm Watching". I agree that "My Posts" would be nice to have easily available as a button on every page (so that I can quickly reach it also from pages where there is no post from me).

Tom Westbrook
29-Apr-2010, 03:57
Thanks, Tom, but I already know that. I need a way to find my posts, and you're assuming that I already found one. Not logical.

I wasn't assuming anything, that's just how the software does it. I didn't write the software.

Shawn Dougherty
29-Apr-2010, 18:24
That has to be the feature I use most at apug - and it seems to order the posts by the most recently active. It also only shows a thread ONCE - where as clicking on the FIND MORE POSTS BY link here (once you locate it) will display the same thread as many times as you've posted in it...

I'm certainly not complaining, this is a great forum. It could simply be made more manageable with that tool.

jan labij
29-Oct-2010, 10:49
I agree, "my posts" would be very useful.

Kirk Gittings
29-Oct-2010, 11:09
Ok this seems to work. Highlight the FIND MORE POSTS BY (your name) button. Right click and hit Copy Link. Paste it in your browser BUT don't go to it (if you go to it the link changes from a search parameter to a search results link). Highlight it and drag it into your Bookmarks Bar-rename it and wallah! There is your virtual button. I put it next to the LFF bookmark in the bar and its an easy reach.

hang on mine is not working.......must have goofed somewhere......

I redid it and yes it works like a charm.

eddie
31-Oct-2010, 05:43

not sure....why not just go to your above post and click it....

anyway the advanced search works well. just put your name in the appropriate box.

or go to the members list and search up a name and then click through to the view profile.

goamules
2-Nov-2010, 13:13
It's here already, in the dropdown menu at the top of the page:

Quick Links, My Profile, Find all Posts by [your name] -or- Find all Posts Started by [your name]

Three quick clicks.

Kirk Gittings
2-Nov-2010, 13:15
That has already been posted a couple of times above and rejected as too involved. If do as I suggest, it is one click.

goamules
2-Nov-2010, 13:28
No, no one mentioned the way I just said. Everyone else said to "find a post you've answered already..." The comments were also "I want it at the top of every page I'm on." It's there already, under Quick Links, My Profile.

Too involved?! Ok....Too bad you have to move the lever from Park to Drive before pushing the gas pedal too...

But copying the code for the same action and making a browser button is even better. I bet doing that is too involved for people too!