PDA

View Full Version : Differences between CPE-2 and CPE-2 Plus

jrpac
7-Apr-2010, 11:55
Hello,

I am on the point of buying a Jobo CPE-2/CPE-2 Plus processor and I'm wondering two things :

What are the main differences between the Jobo CPE-2 (the classic one) and the Jobo CPE-2 Plus processors ?
Is it a good idea, to make the water circulate to add a little pump like the ones for the aquariums ?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Jean-Romain.

Greg Blank
9-Apr-2010, 17:16
Of the two buy the CPE2+. The Cpe was discontinued some years back so the CPe2+ is newer. The motors and electronic components are not specifically compatible.

Hello,

I am on the point of buying a Jobo CPE-2/CPE-2 Plus processor and I'm wondering two things :

What are the main differences between the Jobo CPE-2 (the classic one) and the Jobo CPE-2 Plus processors ?
Is it a good idea, to make the water circulate to add a little pump like the ones for the aquariums ?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Jean-Romain.

dsphotog
9-Apr-2010, 18:14
You already know the Expert drums don't fit any of the CPE series processors. Right?
If you plan of using them get a CPA2 or CPP2.

Sevo
10-Apr-2010, 00:45
A circulation pump is no good idea unless you operate the thing in a unusually hot or cold room - it has been designed so that the convective flow and thermostat hysteresis are balanced to get a reasonably stable temperature matching the scale value at the drum. Upset that balance and you will get more temperature drift.

jrpac
11-Apr-2010, 07:00
Hello,

Thank you for your response.

About the differences between the two products, I had an answer from JOBO Support.

The "old" CPE-2 processor was designed with a motor which manufacturer doesn't exist anymore. The CPE-2 Plus has so a motor from another company and some of the electronics - including PC board - was changed too.

Sevo : thank you for the advise !

JR.