PDA

View Full Version : Help! With Epson V750..

Susan Morelia
5-Apr-2010, 11:42
I purchased this scanner and brought it back to Mexico without checking the film scanner, just the reflective. When trying to scan a negative the option for film is grayed out. Epson Tech assistance determined that it is a hardware problem. The plug that attaches the lid to the base has one pin missing. Talking to a repair shop in Texas where they have the repair manual, we cannot determine if this pin should be missing or not. I am hoping this is the problem, since having a new cord sent down would be an easy solution. I need someone with a V700 or 750 to please look and see if any pins are missing! It's very clear when you look into the plug. Thanks so much!
Susan

Jan Pedersen
5-Apr-2010, 11:59
Susan, My 750 has all 8 pins in the plug. 3 rows with 3 pins in two of them and one row with two pins.
Hope this helps.

Susan Morelia
5-Apr-2010, 16:09
Thank you that's just what I needed to know. I'm going to the shop that has it and can't fix it tomorrow and hope they are open. I'll be able to verify that it isn't as you describe yours and order that cord. I really appreciate you responding, and so quickly.
Susan