PDA

View Full Version : Any way to turn off the 'mobile' option in control panel?

clay harmon
4-Apr-2010, 16:56
When I log into the forum from my iPhone, it used to just pull up the nice reduced size web page that was like my computer screen, only smaller. Now when I use my iphone, it has an alternative 'mobile device' display of the forum threads. It actually looks better and performs better the old way. Is there any way I can turn off the option to use the mobile device display? It would look a lot better on iPhones and iPads if there were an option to turn off the mobile device display method.

Thanks!

Joanna Carter
5-Apr-2010, 02:12
Agreed. It is not a true mobile display. If you want a good example of how to do it, look at Le Figaro (http://www.lefigaro.fr/); their mobile site is much easier to use than the current "mobile" LFPF site.

Lachlan 717
5-Apr-2010, 04:03
My iPhone was doing this for a couple of days, but then (thankfully) went back to the "Classic" look.

No idea why/how...

Ralph Barker
6-Apr-2010, 08:21
There is a "Style" parameter in your member profile. There are three options under Style: use forum default, mobi, and simple. The default style is "use forum default". The "mobi" option is whatever vBulletin includes in the standard distribution.

You can view your profile settings via the "My Settings" link in the blue navigation bar.

I'm not sure if iPhones send a code that triggers a change of Style on the fly without actually changing the member profile Style parameter, but it sounds like that may be what is happening. If so, you may need to change something in the iPhone configuration to deal with that issue.