PDA

View Full Version : Compur Shutter

ldhayden
21-Mar-2010, 18:05
I recently purchased a Compur 1 shutter. For some reason the lever that opens the shutter fails to do so. It appears that it's disengaged from the mechanism that would open the shutter. But it could be that I'm just doing something wrong. The only way I can get it to stay open at the moment is to put it on bulb and lock the shutter release.

Is there a way to check the mechanism to see if it's properly engaged? Is there a certain sequence one must follow to properly engage the shutter after it opens?

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry

awldune
22-Mar-2010, 07:30
I thought all #1 Compurs would have a "T" setting. Are you sure it's not a #0?

The #0 on my Angulon has to be focused as you describe, with a locked cable release.

Dan Fromm
22-Mar-2010, 08:01
If you have a modern Compur with press focus, try this:

cock the shutter

push the press focus lever in

release the shutter

when you're done looking, cock the shutter and release it to close

ldhayden
22-Mar-2010, 08:09
Thank you both for commenting. It is a #1 modern shutter. I think I'm doing something wrong but can't figure it out.

Tried your suggestion Dan but that didn't open the shutter.

I'll have a tech look at it this week.

Thanks,

John Schneider
22-Mar-2010, 09:25
Take a look at these:
http://www.skgrimes.com/compur/slftime/index.htm
http://www.skgrimes.com/compur/synchro/index.htm

domaz
22-Mar-2010, 15:43
I have an electronic Compur and the focus lever is fiddly at best, it barely stays open and tends to close itself (lever goes back to closed) with the slightest bump. Is that perhaps what's going on?

ldhayden
22-Mar-2010, 23:02
Hi domaz,

I'm not sure. When it opens the lever will close as it should. The lever will sometimes open the shutter after I mess with it a bit on bulb. After that it's hit or miss. It really just doesn't seem to be engaging properly to open the shutter.

Is it just a given that I'll need to open it on bulb to focus. Seems to be a PIA so I may put the lens in a Copal shutter.

Thanks all for the comments and suggestions.

Regards,

Larry