PDA

View Full Version : Blue marks on Tmy-2

Ed Richards
15-Mar-2010, 13:30
I occasionally notice blue marks on TMY-2. These look exactly like someone made a 1/4 inch long line on the negative with a blunt, blue marker, leaving a line a little less than a millimeter wide, and slightly transparent. I process in a Jobo expert drum - this is not the antihalation dye.

jim kitchen
15-Mar-2010, 17:37
Dear Ed,

Where are your mark(s) occurring upon the negative, and do they look like they were made with a straight edge?

Are they occurring along the long side of the negative?

Just curious,

jim k

Ed Richards
15-Mar-2010, 17:39
Ther are usually toward the edge, and only partially intrude on the image. Today's was in the image, but parallel to the short edge, about 3/16 inch in. They look like a free hand mark, straight, but not precise.

jim kitchen
15-Mar-2010, 18:49
Dear Ed,

I ask, because I do notice a thin faint line within my images periodically, while using TMY-2, but the line happens to be straight along the long side of the negative, usually about one third of the way into the negative. I am concerned that it could be a defective box of film and, or a sensor element that may be heading south on my scanner, causing this faint but noticeable issue. I will continue to observe with the next few images I develop, whether this faint line occurs in the same location.

I believe that it is probably the latter...

jim k

Ed Richards
15-Mar-2010, 19:02
Try recalibrating the scanner.

jim kitchen
15-Mar-2010, 19:45
Dear Ed,

I will take a look at a recalibration routine, but I believe that a recalibration procedure will only affect transparencies, and not a negative...

I could be incorrect though... :)

Merci, for the suggestion.

jim k