PDA

View Full Version : LFPF mobile version online?

Andrea Gazzoni
13-Mar-2010, 13:54
...am I the first one to have noticed this on my phone?
anyway, thanks! it is very nice and usable

andre

Ash
13-Mar-2010, 14:05
i noticed it too, to my surprise!

dsim
13-Mar-2010, 14:17
Welcomed surprise. Thanks to those who made it happen.

Henry Ambrose
13-Mar-2010, 16:31
Thank you fearless moderators!

John Jarosz
13-Mar-2010, 17:25
More cool stuff to do on the train or the airport. Thanks

Tom Westbrook
13-Mar-2010, 18:35
Glad you like it. The mobile skin should come up automatically for most mobile units. If not for yours post a message here or PM me with your mobile device and browser and I'll see what can be done to accommodate.

Rick Moore
14-Mar-2010, 09:03
Is there a way to turn this skin off? I would prefer to use the previous skin on my iPhone. Thanks.

Steve Gledhill
14-Mar-2010, 10:35
Is there a way to turn this skin off? I would prefer to use the previous skin on my iPhone. Thanks.

Ditto - please.

BarryS
14-Mar-2010, 11:01
Thanks for doing this, but it's horrible on an iphone--much worse than browsing the full version. An option to turn it off would be very helpful--even better would be an iphone version. Thanks!

Ginette
14-Mar-2010, 12:10

In My Settings -> Edit Options -> Miscellaneous Options -> Forum Skin

you can probably force the skin of your choice to load instead of the default Mobile one.

SW Rick
14-Mar-2010, 12:32
I'm happy with it on my iphone- prefer it to the "regular". YMMV

BarryS
14-Mar-2010, 13:04

you can probably force the skin of your choice to load instead of the default Mobile one.

Nope.

Steve Gledhill
14-Mar-2010, 13:29

The option appears in the full web browser version but not via the iPhone and its mobile skin. Sad because the iPhone handles the whole site well enough with its built in Safari browser and the iPhone's zooming capability. I guess this must have been a step forward for other mobile phone users but sadly a retrograde step for me on my iPhone. Ironic really because it's been the other way round of late with all the iPhone developments that we've been getting used to.

Ginette
14-Mar-2010, 14:36
I cannot verify this as I don't have any mobile but can you try this:
Browsing on your computer, chose the Default skin or the Simple skin instead of letting the Default option Use Forum Default.
When you log on the forum next time, it is this skin that will be supposed to load. You need to log and not be as a guest only.
But maybe it will not work with mobiles.

I found this skin for iPhone http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=171947 if an Admin wish to look at, you can see a demo forum for it. I cannot try myself as my forum is not VBulletin but Invision.

BarryS
14-Mar-2010, 14:39
The WAP broswer looks like something out of the 90's with it's lack of options and rigid format. I'm sure there are much better choices available for vBulletin that are more adaptable for everyone and able to deliver properly formatted content for iphones. Maybe we can have some of our more IT-experienced users help with this?

Dirk Rösler
16-Mar-2010, 00:40
Please turn this off for iPhone/iPod Touch...

Curt
16-Mar-2010, 01:13
wow, it sucks a lot...... too bad..... i use my iphone a bunch.....

Blumine
16-Mar-2010, 03:28
I don't have an Iphone, but a windows mobile phone and I think it works great. I only wish it had the unified view, I do miss that.

Blumine

Dirk Rösler
16-Mar-2010, 04:16
Windows users always content with less I suppose ;)

Sascha Welter
16-Mar-2010, 07:59
Works great for me, but my smartphone is not an iPhone.

Ivan J. Eberle
16-Mar-2010, 13:39
Vastly easier to visit LF Photo Forum now on my Blackberry Storm, thank you!

IanMazursky
16-Mar-2010, 19:11
Ive been using the forum for a while on the Opera Mobile 10 beta WM6 version.
Its just like viewing the forum on my mac!
Forgot to add with the standard skin. The Opera team did an amazing job.

Tom Westbrook
17-Mar-2010, 04:00
I disabled the auto-detection for iPod/iPhone. If it still doesn't switch for you use the 'Logout' link on the mobile style. That should put you back on the default style. Log back in and you can switch styles back to the Mobi style if you desire.

Sadly, I didn't find any better iPhone styles compatible with the version of vBulletin we're running here (v3.6).

Steve Gledhill
17-Mar-2010, 05:20
I disabled the auto-detection for iPod/iPhone. If it still doesn't switch for you use the 'Logout' link on the mobile style. That should put you back on the default style. Log back in and you can switch styles back to the Mobi style if you desire.

Sadly, I didn't find any better iPhone styles compatible with the version of vBulletin we're running here (v3.6).

Thanks Tom - back to familiar territory :)

BarryS
17-Mar-2010, 11:47

Tom-- that really helps and I appreciate the timely response. When the vBulletin software is upgraded in the future, I'd appreciate if you'd consider the option of adding an iPhone skin. Thanks!

Rick Moore
17-Mar-2010, 14:50

Thanks, Tom. Sorry to be a complainer, it's just that reading this forum on my iPhone is one of my real pleasures and the change was a jarring shock.

Also, thanks for all the work in general in keeping LFPF going.

--
Rick

Dirk Rösler
18-Mar-2010, 04:38
Thank you thank you thank you.

No need for a special style, it's fine on iPod as it is.

Bill L.
18-Mar-2010, 16:08
OK, I tried this on my iphone, and I'm now stuck in it for both my iphone and my desktop (don't ask me why). I tried logging out, clearing cookies, and logging back in, but still can't get out of the mobile interface. Help!

Thanks!
Bill

Curt
19-Mar-2010, 00:58
wow, it sucks a lot...... too bad..... i use my iphone a bunch.....

Not now, now I love it again!!!!!!
Thank you

PenGun
26-Jul-2010, 15:44
Hmmm works well on my Adroid Dev emulator. I'll have to buy a phone I guess.

Gonna write some apps. It's been a while but java is not all that tough especially with the fancy IDEs you get these days. The Android SDK backed into Eclipse is a very sweet IDE.

Really this is to test my browser set up.