PDA

View Full Version : Intro to LF and Metering Workshops, May 2010

Danny Burk
13-Mar-2010, 13:08
May 2010: a pair of Spring workshops in N. Indiana (east of Chicago):

I've posted updated information on my website regarding upcoming workshops: a 2-day Intro to Large Format as well as 1-day Metering:

1) Intensive METERING one-day course

I get many, many metering-related questions during field workshops, so I offer a one-day workshop that specifically covers only metering. Most emphasis is on spotmetering, including determination of contrast range, appropriate metering for transparency and negative film, determination of subject tonality, and more. Coverage of incident metering, and how to choose the method best suited to the situation, is also included. If you're unsure how to get the perfect exposure without bracketing, this event is for you! For participants' convenience, I've scheduled this session to run just prior to the Intro to LF session, so that those attending both events can do so in one trip. Date is Friday, 14 May 2010. Details are here:

http://www.dannyburk.com/metering_workshop_-_spotmetering_technique.htm

2) Introduction to LARGE FORMAT 2-day workshop

My popular 2-day "Intro to Large Format" session takes place again, this time in South Bend, Indiana. Home of Notre Dame, this is about 90 minutes east of Chicago, and convenient to the SW Michigan area as well. Dates are Sat-Sun, 15-16 May 2010. The workshop is tailored to the new LF photographer, and includes everything to get you going in the right direction. The two morning discussion sessions include cameras and equipment, lenses and image circles, movements, finding the best focal point, and much more. Afternoons are spent in practice setup, where participants put the principles that we've discussed into practice; I provide personal attention to each participant, examining your practice setups and offering comments or suggestions for improvement.

Everyone learns a lot, and has a lot of fun at the same time! More info is available on my website here:

http://www.dannyburk.com/introduction_to_large_format_workshop.htm

Any questions? Don't hesitate to ask. Thanks.