PDA

View Full Version : good news / bad news

d.s.
12-Mar-2010, 18:25
I have a chromegatrol with a broke power switch

d.s.
12-Mar-2010, 18:39
I don't know what happened... fingers faster than the mind I guess.
Anyway,

I have a chromegatrol power supply / timer that has a broken power switch. I'm having a hard time locating a replacement switch and was wondering if there was a different power supply that will work that will allow the use of a separate timer? Or should I keep looking for the switch.

erie patsellis
12-Mar-2010, 22:13
try www.alliedelec.com, look for a switch that will pop in the same size opening, rockers are far more common than the lever type rocker that Omega uses.

d.s.
13-Mar-2010, 09:25
Thanks for the link.

ic-racer
13-Mar-2010, 10:03
That Chromegatrol is a nice unit with its ferroresonant transformer and such. I'd not give up on that switch.

The 'standard' Omega power supply can be hooked to a standard timer if needed.

d.s.
13-Mar-2010, 20:11
The problem with finding a switch is that the circuit board sits close behind it and needs a switch with wires made to it. The ones I found had spade or solder type terminals that would extend into the board.
So I snipped the wires off right at the back of the broken switch. Drilled a hole to the left of the broken switch where a new one could be mounted from the rear of the faceplate and not interfere with the circuit board. Soldered spade clips on the wires and she's good to go.
Now to look into and clean up the D-5XL and Super Chromega Dichro II that came along with the power supply (and a box of other stuff).