PDA

View Full Version : 4x5 Linhof Kardan Master L

loman
8-Mar-2010, 09:09
Does any of you have any experience with a 4x5 Linhof Kardan master L from the seventies?
I've looked around the net for info on this model but it's very scarce.
I'm looking for a super sturdy 4x5 monorail and I've come across this camera for a very good prize. It seems wonderfully overbuild in the typical linhof style. Two things worry me. I hope it's not as heavy as a Kardan master GTL (I don't mind heavy, I need a sturdy camera, but the Master gtl at 9 kilos is over the top, I hope it's no more than 6 kilos max), and secondly how easy would it be to find a bagbellows for this thing?
The camera comes with a technika board adapter so I'm not worried about lensboards.

Hope any of you have any experience with this thing.

Kind Regards
Mads

Peter K
8-Mar-2010, 09:57
It seems wonderfully overbuild in the typical linhof style. Two things worry me. I hope it's not as heavy as a Kardan master GTL (I don't mind heavy, I need a sturdy camera, but the Master gtl at 9 kilos is over the top, I hope it's no more than 6 kilos max), and secondly how easy would it be to find a bagbellows for this thing?
With the standard rail, 500mm, it's 6.1 kg (13 1/2 lb.) Bagbellows and other acessories are the same as for the Kardan cameras (http://www.linhof.de/kardan.html) from today.

Specially with the L-standards and the asymmetrical movements this camera is versatile and easy to use.

Peter

loman
8-Mar-2010, 11:01
Thanks for the response!
It sounds just like the camera I'm looking for.
I think I'm going to go for it.

Mads