PDA

View Full Version : Epson 7600, Ink Cartridges stuck!

duckrabbit
6-Mar-2010, 10:43
Hello all,

My husband and I recently bought a used Epson 7600. The guy claimed that he had used the printer as recently as December, but we have our doubts. The inks are completely empty, and the expiration date is from 2004. We are trying to remove the cartridges so that we can flush the system using InkJet Mall's PieozoFlush, removing all the super-old dried ink in there. Anyway, the problem arises when we try to take out the old, empty ink cartridges. They seem to be completely stuck in there, and no amount of brute force will loosen them. At first I thought the the ink had dried and sort of locked them into place, but they all have the same amount of give (which is very little, just up and down movement, no sliding movement). It almost seems as though the locking mechanism isn't releasing them.

Any ideas?

Lenny Eiger
6-Mar-2010, 13:27
It's been a while since I got rid of my 9600 - but heres what I would guess. The ink cartridge release lever has two release mechanisms. The first is the one you imagine, and the second is that it lifts a bar on top of the cartridge. I would take some covers off the machine and take a look. I can't imagine that ink drying would do anything like gluing the carts in there....

Or return the thing -

Good luck,

Lenny