PDA

View Full Version : Nikon 9000 with Windows 7 ?

rjphil
28-Feb-2010, 10:21
Does anyone have a work-around for getting a Nikon 9000 scanner to run with Windows 7 ? Nikon no longer supports this unit, and I can't find 32 bit drivers for it. I have Silverfast AI, which I like very much, but to get it working it apparently needs the 32 bit drivers. I've checked Nikon and searched around for drivers to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Oren Grad
28-Feb-2010, 11:02
LaserSoft says that SilverFast Ai for the 9000 is supported under Windows 7. If I understand correctly, they're no longer using the Nikon driver. Have you tried installing the latest version?

Sevo
28-Feb-2010, 11:23
Vuescan is supposed to work. The Nikon software also worked in beta Win7 32bit with the Vista version installed by brute force - don't know about the current status, as I switched to 64bit on the release, and scan under virtualized XP or Linux.

Sevo

rjphil
28-Feb-2010, 13:57
I've downloaded the latest software, but it will not install. I'm going to call Lasersoft tomorrow. Thanks!

Sven Armster
1-Mar-2010, 20:19
For Vista 64 bit I spent an entire day tring to load my Nikon 9000. I finally found a site that described how to disable digital driver signing. And finally it worked. Previous to this I had downloaded the unofficial driver for windows Vista and Nikon 9000 from photo.net. My success might have been a combination of doing these two things but I believe it was disabling the digital driver signing. Good luck.