PDA

View Full Version : Part # to purchase Eversmart Pro lamps from Kodak.

Acetate
25-Feb-2010, 19:08
Would anyone happen to know the actual Part # to place an order for Creo/Scitex Eversmart Pro lamps directly from Kodak?

Thank you very much if you can help me out!

sanking
25-Feb-2010, 19:23
Would anyone happen to know the actual Part # to place an order for Creo/Scitex Eversmart Pro lamps directly from Kodak?

Thank you very much if you can help me out!

You need two scanning lamps, Creo SX/F18/T8/30.

You also need a lamp to illuminate the glass from underneath, Sylvania F15T8/DSGN50.

Try Genesis in Arizona if you can not buy direct from Creo. All support from Kodak for the Eversmart Pro and Pro II will end soon, end of March I believe. Many people have found it difficult or impossible to purchase parts for the Eversmart scanners through Kodak without a site license.

Sandy King

Acetate
25-Feb-2010, 19:33
Thanks Sandy,

I tried Genesis and they told me to contact Kodak. Kodak is willing to sell but requires that I pay for them to research the Part #. Is what you posted the actual Part # for Kodak's inventory or is it just a description of the lamps I need?

Acetate

sanking
25-Feb-2010, 19:59
Thanks Sandy,

I tried Genesis and they told me to contact Kodak. Kodak is willing to sell but requires that I pay for them to research the Part #. Is what you posted the actual Part # for Kodak's inventory or is it just a description of the lamps I need?

Acetate

Those were the descriptors.

The part numbers are:

Refl/Transparency lamp: 510P1N325
Table Lamp: 139H15004

Hope this helps.

Sandy

B.S.Kumar
25-Feb-2010, 21:53
Sandy and Acetate,

A quick Google search for Sylvania F15T8/DSGN50 brought me to this page:
http://www.goodmart.com/products/35228.htm
F18/T8/30 is here as F18T8CW/K30
http://www.goodmart.com/products/35348.htm
The SX stands for Sylvania? And CW/K?
Would these be the same lamps?

Kumar

sanking
25-Feb-2010, 22:00
Sandy and Acetate,

A quick Google search for Sylvania F15T8/DSGN50 brought me to this page:
http://www.goodmart.com/products/35228.htm
F18/T8/30 is here as F18T8CW/K30
http://www.goodmart.com/products/35348.htm
The SX stands for Sylvania? And CW/K?
Would these be the same lamps?

Kumar

Kumar,

Sounds like these could be the same tubes. If so, this would be a great deal as you can buy a case from Goodmart for about the same price Creo charges for two tubes. But looks like the minimum order is indeed a case?

Sandy

Juergen Cullmann
26-Feb-2010, 14:37
Do these lamps also fit to the Eversmart Supreme?
Or where else to buy these parts in future?

Juergen

Kumar,

Sounds like these could be the same tubes. If so, this would be a great deal as you can buy a case from Goodmart for about the same price Creo charges for two tubes. But looks like the minimum order is indeed a case?

Sandy

sanking
26-Feb-2010, 15:45
Do these lamps also fit to the Eversmart Supreme?
Or where else to buy these parts in future?

Juergen

My understanding is that the lamps for the Pro do fit the Eversmart Supreme, and all models of the Eversmart except the Jazz.

Sandy

Acetate
26-Feb-2010, 16:44
Kumar and Sandy,

The Actual Length seems wrong... It can't be 29.78 and be the same bulb... Am I reading it wrong?

Abbrev. With Packaging Info.: F18T8CWK30 24/CS 1/SKU

Actual Length (in): 29.78

Actual Length (mm): 756.4

B.S.Kumar
26-Feb-2010, 18:20
I expect 29.78 would be rounded off to 30, no?

Kumar

Acetate
26-Feb-2010, 19:00
Kumar,

I believe the Creo SX/F18/T8/30 lamp should be around 18", that's why I was questioning the 29.78" length in the specs for the F18T8CWK30 24/CS 1/SKU from Goodmart. The F15T8/DSGN50 would most likely be the correct bulb. It's just the hard
to find Creo SX/F18/T8/30 that might need to be confirmed.

Thanks,

Acetate

B.S.Kumar
26-Feb-2010, 19:38
Kumar,

I believe the Creo SX/F18/T8/30 lamp should be around 18", that's why I was questioning the 29.78" length in the specs for the F18T8CWK30 24/CS 1/SKU from Goodmart. The F15T8/DSGN50 would most likely be the correct bulb. It's just the hard
to find Creo SX/F18/T8/30 that might need to be confirmed.

Thanks,

Acetate

Okay, I figured out the code:
F = Fluorescent
18 = 18Watts
T8 = Base type
30 = length in inches
CW = Cool White

I could find only 24, 26, 28 and 30 in. lengths.

Kumar

sanking
27-Feb-2010, 07:23
Okay, I figured out the code:
F = Fluorescent
18 = 18Watts
T8 = Base type
30 = length in inches
CW = Cool White

I could find only 24, 26, 28 and 30 in. lengths.

Kumar

Kumar,

The 30 on the tubes for the Eversmart does not refer to length, since the tubes are actually 17.5 inches in length, counting the plug. On the Creo tube the 30 is written as 30º and may refer to the operating temperature of the tube. The tube also has a clear aperture that runs lengthwise about 15 inches, 1/4" wide. The rest of the tube is coated.

A typical designation of a fluorescent tube is as follows. The GE Blacklight Blue tube carries the designation F20T12.BLB.

* The F stands for fluorescent.
* The next number, 20, indicates the wattage of this particular tube.
* The T number indicates the diameter of the tube in eighths of an inch. A T 12 tube, for example, is 12/8”, or 1 1/2” in diameter.
* The letters describe the lighting characteristics of the tube. In the above case, BLB designates a Black Light Blue tube.
* Tubes sometime carry further indicators, such as IS (Instant Start), RS (Rapid Start), or even letters showing kind of usage, for example R for reptiles, A for Aquarium, etc.

In the above case the 20 does not indicate length, but wattage. We know that this tube is 24 inches in length because normal output fluorescents T12 tubes generate about 20 watts per linear foot. The same tube, 48 inches long, would be designated as F40T12.BLB. Some fluorescent tubes are available in standard wattage, high output (HO) and very high output (VHO). Standard wattage tubes, be they BL, BLB, AQUA or Super Actinic, vary in wattage according to size. For example, a regular 24” tube is rated at 20 watts, while the 48” tube of the same type is rated at 40 watts. The power of a 24” HO tube is 40 watts, while the 24” VHO is rated at 75 watts.

Sandy King

B.S.Kumar
27-Feb-2010, 18:15
Thanks for the clarification, Sandy. So that's not the correct lamp. Could the 30 in the Creo description refer to the Kelvin temperature? I ask because the Goodmart page http://www.goodmart.com/products/35228.htm for the other lamp Sylvania F15T8/DSGN50 says it is 5000K.

Kumar

Evanjoe610
1-Mar-2010, 12:15
Would it be of any benefits if we banded together to make a purchase of the bulbs as a unit?

Maybe we can divide it up by Region (Northeast Region, Southern Region, Pacific Region, and etc....)

I just received my Scitex Eversmart Pro II from Florida with NO bulbs at all! For me I would 2 sets for my scanner...

Just a thought if its possible we could pull this off...
Evan

sanking
2-Mar-2010, 08:19
Would it be of any benefits if we banded together to make a purchase of the bulbs as a unit?

Maybe we can divide it up by Region (Northeast Region, Southern Region, Pacific Region, and etc....)

I just received my Scitex Eversmart Pro II from Florida with NO bulbs at all! For me I would 2 sets for my scanner...

Just a thought if its possible we could pull this off...
Evan

Evan,

Where one would purchase the tubes to get a discount that offers any advantages to a group purchase? So far as I know Creo is the only source for the actual scanning tubes and they don't appear to offer a discount for multiples.

Sandy King

B.S.Kumar
2-Mar-2010, 16:53
Perhaps Evan is talking about buying a case of tubes from Goodmart?

Kumar

sanking
2-Mar-2010, 17:11
Perhaps Evan is talking about buying a case of tubes from Goodmart?

Kumar

Kumar,

Did you locate the equivalent of the Creo "Creo SX/F18/T8/30" tubes at Goodmart"? If so, purchase of a case of 24 tubes would probably make a lot of sense and save people much money. But I suspect that this is a speciality tube that was only made for Scitex/Creo. I could be wrong, of course.

However, I believe Sylvania F15T8/DSGN50 will work for the viewing tube so it might be possible to save some money there.

Sandy

B.S.Kumar
3-Mar-2010, 18:36
Sandy,

No, I haven't but I'm sure it must be available elsewhere. I'm not sure it would be that special a tube that Sylvania would make only a couple of hundred exclusively for Kodak/Creo. All the 18 inch tubes I've seen are 15 watts, like the viewing tube. So maybe they're 15 watts, and not 18 watts? If someone who has a spare/used tube could let us know the exact code number written on the tube?

Kumar

Ben Hopson
3-Mar-2010, 20:14
I looked at a spare lamp for my Supreme and it has on it:

SCITEX Corp. LTD
SX7/F18/T8/30(with symbol for degree)
Lot 5 01 I assume this is the lot # and year.

This is pretty much what Sandy posted except for the 7 following SX. No idea what that number means.

Ben

Patrick Raymore
6-Mar-2010, 11:42
Do the lamps mentioned in this thread also fit the IQsmart3 scanner? Pat

Jim collum
6-Mar-2010, 11:45
does anyone know if there are sources of the base plate glass other than Kodak?

sanking
6-Mar-2010, 12:23
does anyone know if there are sources of the base plate glass other than Kodak?

The only source new is Creo/Kodak. And the base plate glass is a fairly complicated piece. It has a bar pattern in the calibration area that is used to guide the stitching software, and some type of embedded code that lets the software know which of the Eversmart scanners is being used since the same glass can be used on all model of Eversmart scanners. The scanner will not work at all with a plain sheet of glass.

Sandy

Jim collum
6-Mar-2010, 12:30
The only source new is Creo/Kodak. And the base plate glass is a fairly complicated piece. It has a bar pattern in the calibration area that is used to guide the stitching software, and some type of embedded code that lets the software know which of the Eversmart scanners is being used since the same glass can be used on all model of Eversmart scanners. The scanner will not work at all with a plain sheet of glass.

Sandy

you wouldn't happen to know the kodak part #, would you? (eversmart pro )

sanking
6-Mar-2010, 17:45
you wouldn't happen to know the kodak part #, would you? (eversmart pro )

No, I don' know the part number but I should be able to get it from Creo/Kodak if their support for registered business owners has not ended.

You might also call Genesis Pre-Press used equipment as they may have a used base glass for sale. http://www.genesis-equipment.com/whyGenesis.aspx

Sandy King

Evanjoe610
11-Mar-2010, 08:54
Sandy and Others,

I spoke with an individual at Genesis Pre-Press and they told me that they are also at the mercy of ordering from Kodak too.

They told me that they will get back to me regarding getting a Big Order together (from this forum. I mentioned to them about our needs! He is hoping for a positive reply from Kodak.

Evan

Jim collum
16-Mar-2010, 20:21
No, I don' know the part number but I should be able to get it from Creo/Kodak if their support for registered business owners has not ended.

You might also call Genesis Pre-Press used equipment as they may have a used base glass for sale. http://www.genesis-equipment.com/whyGenesis.aspx

Sandy King

cool! i now have a base glass with the zipper pattern and coded for the Eversmart Pro on its way!!!

also.. count me in for a set of lamps when putting together the order

Jim collum
18-Mar-2010, 12:34
thumbs up for the service at Genesis Pre-Press. Base Glass arrived and is in excellent condition (and has the zipper). calibration actually working now :)

Jim collum
20-Mar-2010, 23:19
does anyone know if there's a service manual available? Given that Kodak won't be working on them anymore, it would be nice to have some of them floating around

Darryl Baird
21-Mar-2010, 06:15
there is (oops, now was) an Eversmart bulb on ebay right now...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160415653421&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123#ht_500wt_1182

I saw it this morning and thought I'd post, but it is already gone @ $125 :eek:

Evanjoe610
13-Apr-2010, 07:27
Sandy and folks,

Exactly how many of these bulbs do I need to operate the scanner for the next couple of years? This is for my Eversmart Pro II scanner.

Refl/Transparency lamp: 510P1N325 Do I need at least 4 bulbs?

Table Lamp: 139H15004 Do I need at least 2 bulbs?

Evan

Those were the descriptors.

The part numbers are:

Refl/Transparency lamp: 510P1N325
Table Lamp: 139H15004

Hope this helps.

Sandy

sanking
13-Apr-2010, 09:30
Sandy and folks,

Exactly how many of these bulbs do I need to operate the scanner for the next couple of years? This is for my Eversmart Pro II scanner.

Evan

I have not seen any figures that show the expected life of these tubes but I would expect it to be at a minimum 1500-2000 hours. That would be a lot of scanning for personal use so I think two sets of bulbs will take you a long way.

Sandy King

Evanjoe610
14-Apr-2010, 17:07
I have not seen any figures that show the expected life of these tubes but I would expect it to be at a minimum 1500-2000 hours. That would be a lot of scanning for personal use so I think two sets of bulbs will take you a long way.

Sandy King

Hi Sandy,

Since the scanner and all support will be discontinued after April 30 of this year, wouldn't it be better to stock up on these lamps to assure a long life for the scanner?

Refl/Transparency lamp: 510P1N325 If not 4 bulbs, then 3 in case all 3 goes bad.

Table Lamp: 139H15004 I am not sure how many it current uses for scanning. Is it a setup of 2 lamps currently being used?

I figure enough bulbs to last me several years. Afterward, I might just junk it.

Evan

sanking
16-Apr-2010, 06:13
Hi Sandy,

Since the scanner and all support will be discontinued after April 30 of this year, wouldn't it be better to stock up on these lamps to assure a long life for the scanner?

Refl/Transparency lamp: 510P1N325 If not 4 bulbs, then 3 in case all 3 goes bad.

Table Lamp: 139H15004 I am not sure how many it current uses for scanning. Is it a setup of 2 lamps currently being used?

I figure enough bulbs to last me several years. Afterward, I might just junk it.

Evan

To do a complete change-out you need four lamps, two table lamps, one lamp for reflective scanning, and one lamp for scanning transparencies. There are .pdf files on the Scan Hi-End forum of original Scitex installation and maintenance manuals that you can download for free that provide illustrations for changing the lamps.

Sandy King

Evanjoe610
16-Apr-2010, 11:05
Sandy,

Thanks for the information. I have change the reflective & the transparency bulbs on a Pro II and a Supreme scanner. I recall changing a total of 3 bulbs, WHEN they goes out one at a time. As for the table lamp, I never done it so it will be a first time.

The Pro II that I have, came with no bulbs at all,
hence my request to buy (4) Refl/Transparency lamp: 510P1N325
and also to buy now (3) of the Table Lamp: 139H15004

Hopefully the scanner will work when the bulbs are placed int the scanner.

Evan

To do a complete change-out you need four lamps, two table lamps, one lamp for reflective scanning, and one lamp for scanning transparencies. There are .pdf files on the Scan Hi-End forum of original Scitex installation and maintenance manuals that you can download for free that provide illustrations for changing the lamps.

Sandy King

Evanjoe610
17-Apr-2010, 08:06
Sandy,

I set up an account with Kodak (not a Service Contract!, but one to be in their system for parts) and ordered the necessarty bulbs to install into my Eversmart Pro II scanner. 3 bulbs for Reflective/Transparency and 3 bulbs for the table light (1 for spare).

I will let you all know when I receive the bulbs. So far, I was not rejected out of their system.

Thanks for your help.

Evan

Sandy,

Thanks for the information. I have change the reflective & the transparency bulbs on a Pro II and a Supreme scanner. I recall changing a total of 3 bulbs, WHEN they goes out one at a time. As for the table lamp, I never done it so it will be a first time.

The Pro II that I have, came with no bulbs at all,
hence my request to buy (4) Refl/Transparency lamp: 510P1N325
and also to buy now (3) of the Table Lamp: 139H15004

Hopefully the scanner will work when the bulbs are placed int the scanner.

Evan

neil poulsen
17-Apr-2010, 08:41
. . . Kodak is willing to sell but requires that I pay for them to research the Part #. . . Acetate

Are you kidding? (Of course, I know that's not the case.)

This is a new one for me. To purchase something from Kodak, you have to pay them to look up the part number in their documentation. So, that's what Kodak calls "customer service!"

Jeepers.

Of course, when I purchased two fluorescent bulbs from GTE last year, I had to pay them $10 to transfer the bulbs from one box to another.

Evanjoe610
17-Apr-2010, 09:15
Neil,
I guess that might be true. However by Sandy posting the necessary correct part number did help and I wasn't told about any fees.

I got the same part number from a former Scitex engineer that I knew. Once you give the part number to the Parts Dept., they will verify what this part is.

Otherwise, good luck to all who plans to order from Kodak. its time consuming, but I want to enable my scanner to last for a long time.....

Evan

Are you kidding? (Of course, I know that's not the case.)

This is a new one for me. To purchase something from Kodak, you have to pay them to look up the part number in their documentation. So, that's what Kodak calls "customer service!"

Jeepers.

Of course, when I purchased two fluorescent bulbs from GTE last year, I had to pay them $10 to transfer the bulbs from one box to another.

Evanjoe610
22-Apr-2010, 09:44
I received my new set of bulbs yesterday. Placed the order last Thursday, so not bad at all. The invoice will be ship separately, but I guess what Kodak told mew that for all (6) bulbs plus shipping, it amounted to $283.

Thank you Sandy for posting the necessary Part # on this forum. It made my order go smoother without any problem. Hopefully I will be able to place the bulbs this weekend and test out the scanner.

I would recommend that if you do not have spare bulbs, to call Kodak before the April 30 deadline.

Evan

Ben Hopson
22-Apr-2010, 10:12
Evan, It is good that you got the new lamps from Kodak. I think I will also place an order for spare lamps for my Eversmart Supreme. Was your order for 4 Reflective/Transparency and 2 Table lamps?

Good luck getting the scanner set up after installing the lamps. Hope everything goes well.
Ben

I received my new set of bulbs yesterday. Placed the order last Thursday, so not bad at all. The invoice will be ship separately, but I guess what Kodak told mew that for all (6) bulbs plus shipping, it amounted to $283.

Thank you Sandy for posting the necessary Part # on this forum. It made my order go smoother without any problem. Hopefully I will be able to place the bulbs this weekend and test out the scanner.

I would recommend that if you do not have spare bulbs, to call Kodak before the April 30 deadline.

Evan

Evanjoe610
22-Apr-2010, 10:36
Ben,

I bought 3 Reflective/Transparency and 3 Table lamps, with just 1 spare table lamp.

When I get the scanner up & running this weekend, I will most probably place the order for one spare Reflective/Transparency.

If they only sold a repair manual. that would help. I would love to change out the belts on the scanner. They do dry up after time.

Evan, It is good that you got the new lamps from Kodak. I think I will also place an order for spare lamps for my Eversmart Supreme. Was your order for 4 Reflective/Transparency and 2 Table lamps?

Good luck getting the scanner set up after installing the lamps. Hope everything goes well.
Ben

Ben Hopson
22-Apr-2010, 12:01
Evan,

Have you checked your scanner yet to see how many lamps it uses? Just wondering because the documentation I have for the Eversmart Supreme shows that it takes 1 transparency lamp, "2" reflective lamps and 2 table lamps.

It would indeed be great to have a service/repair manual!

Evanjoe610
22-Apr-2010, 14:43
Ben,

That sounds about correct. There should had been (1) bulb on the top cover of the scanner (Transparency lamp)

(2) bulbs on the floating carriage directly below the glass frame. (Reflective lamp)

(2) Table lamps at the very bottom floor of the scanner bed.

That is the same setup I have for my Eversmart Jazz+. (Have 3 spare bulbs -reflect/trans and 2 table lamps and a spare scanner!)

Evan,

Have you checked your scanner yet to see how many lamps it uses? Just wondering because the documentation I have for the Eversmart Supreme shows that it takes 1 transparency lamp, "2" reflective lamps and 2 table lamps.

It would indeed be great to have a service/repair manual!

Russell Regnery
1-Aug-2010, 09:00
The Eversmart bulb that was noted on eBay has the same ID number as those that came with an Eversmart 340 (F18/T8/90[degrees]/5K/SX5/H, part #139H00070). The operating temperature, as well as the part #, appears distinct from the Eversmart Pro bulbs discussed elsewhere in this string. I wonder if they are interchangeable?

SURF
1-Aug-2010, 09:54
The Eversmart bulb that was noted on eBay has the same ID number as those that came with an Eversmart 340 (F18/T8/90[degrees]/5K/SX5/H, part #139H00070). The operating temperature, as well as the part #, appears distinct from the Eversmart Pro bulbs discussed elsewhere in this string. I wonder if they are interchangeable?
They have a different clean window width and I am not sure how long it is (window) compared to Evesmart bulb. I believe all the rest must be OK. If the window length is the same or more I would try. If I need it, cause the lot is not expensive.

Hi! It's my first post here. :)

With kind regards,
Al

Add: After some thinking I can add that at least two more geometric dimensions and angles are important. So final answer will be: who knows. And safe answer: no.

Evanjoe610
1-Aug-2010, 10:16
Russ,

At my old shop, we had both the Eversmart 342L and the Eversmart Supreme and Eversmart IQSmart 3. The Eversmart 324L was used more so as a transportable high quality scanner when the need arises for any Sports event (Olympics or an event where time was important in getting the latest news) We sticked different bulbs for each of our scanners. As Al explained the window width was different form the Eversmart 340 series versus the Eversmart Supreme, Pro, and the IQSmart series.

Not really sure if they could be interchange or not. For me, I rather go with the designated bulbs per manufacturer's specification.

Evan

Jim collum
2-Aug-2010, 16:07
anyone know how to get to the scanning array? i've noticed some dust artifacts (familiar to anyone having used a Betterlight). a faint streak that runs in one color thru the image. It usually means that dust has settled above it (usually on the color filter above one of the sensor arrays). I can center the head (to remove the lights), and when you open the compartment next to the lamps, you can see the optical lens.. but this sort of artifact is ususally caused a lot closer to the sensor