PDA

View Full Version : Finished my Bender...

thart2009
15-Feb-2010, 16:13
Finished my Bender yesterday. I made this much more difficult than it had to be by making new parts from scraps my friend gave me. I am pleased with the result though. I am not a woodworker, but found woodworking a bit like photography... good tools can help (I have few); know your tools inside and out; practice and experience make a difference, etc.

I scrapped a lot of scrap putting this together. And hard to believe the mess I made in my basement. A very satisfying exercise though!

I used jatoba, cherry, wenge, ebony, sapele and leopardwood. Also an inlay to simulate a geared focusing track. I would like to figure out how to make one for my next project.

Gordon Moat
15-Feb-2010, 16:26
My first thought on seeing this thread title was that you were coming to the end of drinking all weekend. Good thing this is the LF Forum, so I knew it was about a camera. Well done. Next step is creating some images with your new camera. Best of light.

Louis Pacilla
15-Feb-2010, 16:30
Nice looking. Terrific job. Have fun putting the camera to use.

Peace
Louis

dsim
15-Feb-2010, 16:33
Great job. Looking forward to some pics.

Mark Woods
15-Feb-2010, 19:32
Sweeeeet. Rock on and share some images.

Kuzano
15-Feb-2010, 19:44
I had a Bender for a while. Liked using it.

Three Benders have been on ebay recently. One sold for $154. One for $274. The third had a start price of $1400, and a BIN around $1600. No lenses included in any of the auctions.

The third one did not sell after two listings. Hmmmmmmm... wonder why.

Nice job on your Bender.

Certainly a viable camera. You must have had the kit for a while, since Bender quit selling some time ago.

thart2009
15-Feb-2010, 20:10
Certainly a viable camera. You must have had the kit for a while, since Bender quit selling some time ago.

Actuially, picked it up on ebay from a guy who just never assembled it..

Thanks for the comment.. T.

Scott Davis
16-Feb-2010, 15:08
That's probably the nicest looking Bender ever made. Great job!

Brian Ellis
16-Feb-2010, 20:06
That's probably the nicest looking Bender ever made. Great job!

I was going to say the same thing - so I will. That's the best looking Bender I've ever seen.