PDA

View Full Version : Omega Super Chromega D Dichroic II (Color) Lamphouse‏

Jacques-Mtl
9-Feb-2010, 08:16
Hi,
I was wondering if someone can give some advice. I own an Omega Super Chromega D Dichroic II (Color) Lamphouse and I find that when I dial in some filtration on my color head whether it is cyan, yellow or magenta the filter thumb wheels are kind of hard to move. Is there something I can do about that?
Jacques

Shadowtracker
25-May-2010, 17:04
I just made an adjustment to the top screw - back it off, but not much at all. If that is too tight, you can't move the wheels.

Greg Blank
25-May-2010, 19:37
The filter wheel cam can be removed according to the instructions, its a matter of cleaning the mechanisim. If the arms are too tight on the drive cam lubrication using
lith grease may work if not maybe Omega can eventually repair it.

Hi,
I was wondering if someone can give some advice. I own an Omega Super Chromega D Dichroic II (Color) Lamphouse and I find that when I dial in some filtration on my color head whether it is cyan, yellow or magenta the filter thumb wheels are kind of hard to move. Is there something I can do about that?
Jacques

d.s.
3-Jun-2010, 11:18
Hi Greg,
I had the same problem. I removed and cleaned the filter paddles, and was able to remove the outermost filter cam, but can't figure out how to remove the other two cams so I can clean off the old grease and and re-lube.
Whats the secret?
I've used one that was in good working order and the wheels and filters moved with butter smoothness.

d.s.