lilmsmaggie
8-Feb-2010, 18:05
Sorry - didn't realize this had been posted

vinny
8-Feb-2010, 18:07
2nd thread on this.

r.e.
8-Feb-2010, 18:31
Is it the second thread? There was a post about this in the course of another thread, which was chiefly noteworthy for the fact that everyone ignored it and went on discussing the principal subject at hand as if this information was alergenic :)

lilmsmaggie
8-Feb-2010, 18:37
Sorry I would have deleted it but I don't know how. I didn't realize there was another thread on the same topic.

Jan Pedersen
8-Feb-2010, 19:58
Vinny, Could the second thread be on APUG? There a lenghty bashing going there.

mikebarger
8-Feb-2010, 20:21
Don't think there is any LF issues with this announcement, based on the OP over at APUG.

Mike

lilmsmaggie
9-Feb-2010, 06:14
How about a link to the post on this? Have looked and can't find it.

Here ya go:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/products/films/filmAnnouncements.jhtml

John Kasaian
9-Feb-2010, 08:25
Thanks for posting this!
The subject really wasn't explored in the other post. It certainly raises the question about Kodaks intentions to continue with Tri-X in other formats, which still is a favorite of mine in 35mm, 4x5 and 5x7 (the speed helps when shooting a 5x7 Speeder handheld).
Time will tell.

rguinter
9-Feb-2010, 09:57
Pardon my ignorance but I never used Tri-X. I'm wondering how it compares to TMX and TMY which I use frequently and like enough that I haven't worried about trying too many others. Bob G.

BetterSense
9-Feb-2010, 09:59
Pardon my ignorance but I never used Tri-X. I'm wondering how it compares to TMX and TMY which I use frequently and like enough that I haven't worried about trying too many others. Bob G.

Basically, it's worse in every way, so don't worry about what you are missing. But some people love it for its flaws, just like any other film.

rguinter
9-Feb-2010, 11:02
Basically, it's worse in every way, so don't worry about what you are missing. But some people love it for its flaws, just like any other film.
Goodness. That may be enough to make me want to try a couple rolls (or sheets). Thanks. Bob

John Kasaian
9-Feb-2010, 12:44

True enough. TMY has all the bells and whistles. TXP is basically an old school emulsion. It is great stuff and I love it but I could never figure out why it costs as much as TMY which I would would have product development costs working into the pricing equation..
But I must take exception!:mad:
Being old is not neccesarily "worse in every way" (I have to keep telling that to my bride! :rolleyes:)