PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Stage Timer

memorris
5-Feb-2010, 07:40
I recently wrote a Muti-Stage timer application for Mac OSX. It started life as a timer for film processing and is serving me well in that application. Some consideration has been given to making this available as a commercial product soon but I would prefer to give it some exposure to the real world first.

I am looking for a few (5 to 10) people who use Mac OSX and would be willing to give it a try. This offer is at no cost, all I ask is that you give it a try at least once and give feedback on your impressions and experience.

Contact me me here and I will send you instruction for downloading the application.

Deniz Merdanogullari
18-Apr-2010, 21:22
Im quite interested as my laptop could be a companion with me as i develop my film.
I use daylight tanks.

Ari
19-Apr-2010, 13:34
I'd like to try it as well; I'll be traveling soon, and I don't think I'll be hauling that pork-o-matic Gralab timer with me.
Thanks

Tracy Storer
23-Apr-2010, 19:58
I'd be happy to check it out and offer my 2 cents feedback.

jeroldharter
24-Apr-2010, 07:41
From a size and cost standpoint, such a program would be a nice iPod or iPhone app rather than requiring an expensive Mac laptop which fewer people own.

bbarna
2-May-2010, 15:35
I also would give a try...

memorris
3-May-2010, 08:55
It is my intention to develop a similar application for the iPhone, Android, and possibly Blackberry phones.

mmmdoughnuts
21-May-2010, 10:47
I am in for a go...

Ari
23-May-2010, 15:37
Can't seem to program it, and it doesn't retain the name of the function or the steps.
Anyone else having problems, or is it me and my Mac?

memorris
23-May-2010, 16:03
If you go into the preferences and click on the New Recipe button it should bring up a dialog to name the new recipe. There is a bug that is not enabling the ok button until you tab out of the field for the name. Once you get the recipe named you should be able to manage the stages. The information is saved immediately as you edit the recipe.

If it is still not saving the names or data there are some steps that should reset the data which will probably correct the problem.

David Aimone
23-May-2010, 18:41
In the darkroom Tuesday, could give it a test drive.