PDA

View Full Version : digital negatives

mo
2-Feb-2002, 00:49
Can anybody share their exprience(s) with me in the realm of making digital nega tives for contact printing using inkjet printers. I currently shoot 4x5 films.(T-Max) Can you get very good negatives that will print very well in comparison to using imagesetters. I know there is a book by Dan Burkholder. However I want comments from somebody who has actually tried this out. Thank you for all your previous comments and responses.

Mo Kenny

Ellis Vener
2-Feb-2002, 16:20
I haven't tried this but I have actually seen (upclose & in person as a friend of mine owns several)) many of Dan Burkholder's prints. You can take what he says to the bank -- the quality is astonishing: smooth creamy terific gradation and littleto know grain. There is a phenomenal sense of dimensionality and light in his prints.

echard wheeler
2-Feb-2002, 19:15
I have made pt/pd prints from Dan's method using an imagesetter for final output. I scanned a 4x5 type 55 contact proof and had it enlarged to 8x10. It looked great. No complaints. Still after all of the learning and sending my stuff to an service beureua(sic?) and expense I ended up buying an 8x10 C1. But I don't know how it works with an inkjet.

eck wh