PDA

View Full Version : You Tube of LF Exhibition to benefit Cancer Research

Steve Sherman
1-Feb-2010, 15:59
Greetings,

A short clip of the the last ROG event. A collaborative effort exhibiting 150 Large Format photographs with all proceeds going to cancer research here in Connecticut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zks_NyFl-ME

This year's ROG event is Thursday April 8, 2010 with photographers from across the United States, Canada, Italy and Japan.

There is still space to join this terrific cause, PM me for more specific information.

Regards, Steve Sherman

gene LaFord
2-Feb-2010, 19:48
For any and all LF shooters, this is a very worthy event to participate in. Cancer has touched the lives of so many of us in varying ways. This is an opportunity for us to do something good to counter the bad cancer can wreck on us.

NELFPC has big plans to grow this into a major event. You can help us by being a contributor. We, the members of NELFPC, thank you very much.

gene

rjphil
3-Feb-2010, 06:42
It's easy to quantify the effect that this event has - on the photographers who share their craft and fellowship, on the benefactors who purchase tickets and leave with fine photographs, and on the people it is intended to benefit - the cancer patients and their families. This is a win-win all around, and I am honored to be a part of it for the third year. Please consider donating prints to this very worthy cause; your participation is greatly appreciated. Besides, it's just a good thing to do. NELFPC gets nothing from this event (besides publicity for the craft of large format as a whole), and a chance to interact with other photographers who enjoy seeing the world upside-down.

bob carnie
3-Feb-2010, 06:56
I am looking forward to this evening , allows me to wear my tuxedo bluejean jacket, my MC hammer pants and mucklucs.. I have never been to a fancy dancy event before and I hope to have fun and get hammered.*we Canadians really know how to party*
This group is crazy enough to invite me to show them how I do things in the darkroom. I hope they know what they are asking of me.

looking forward to meeting a great bunch of people again.

PViapiano
3-Feb-2010, 08:58
I've read about this event here before and it looks wonderful. Bravo to you all for putting the time and energy into making it happen.

How many prints sold last year, and how are they priced? I'm curious...

Once again, thank you for doing this!

gene LaFord
3-Feb-2010, 10:38
I've read about this event here before and it looks wonderful. Bravo to you all for putting the time and energy into making it happen.

How many prints sold last year, and how are they priced? I'm curious...

Once again, thank you for doing this!

The particulars of this event are here in this thread. It would be great to have you join in.

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=58122

gene

Steve Sherman
3-Feb-2010, 20:42
I hope to have fun and get hammered.*we Canadians really know how to party*

You remember the last time you tried some of our Kickaboo Juice

jshanesy
4-Feb-2010, 14:56
I've found that this event does more to give my photography purpose than any other. No other gallery show or auction in which I could participate will deliver the immense satisfaction of having given to the community as this one does. Perhaps I should use the word "communities" instead. We contribute to the healthcare community by virtue of the money we raise, the New England Large Format Photography Collective through the media exposure this event generates and to the large format community of practice in general through the marvelous workshops Steve hosts in his darkroom. I wouldn't miss it for anything.

And while the photography activities constitute the highlight of my year, I must also say that you really haven't lived until you've drunk a Dumante Manhattan.

climbabout
4-Feb-2010, 16:17
And while the photography activities constitute the highlight of my year, I must also say that you really haven't lived until you've drunk a Dumante Manhattan.

Looking forward to those again Jim.
Tim

Steve Sherman
4-Feb-2010, 19:44
I must also say that you really haven't lived until you've drunk a Dumante Manhattan.

Affectionately known to Canadian party animals as Kickaboo Juice

m_allard
5-Feb-2010, 13:16
As always, a great event for a wonderful cause. I have learned so much during the ROG events and NELFPC weekends. I'm definitely looking forward to this year's event, and hope the tradition continues for a long time to come!

DMG
6-Feb-2010, 10:08
Greetings,

I am new to the forum & relatively new to NELFPC. I would like to encourage photographers to get involved with this years ROG benefit for the Middlesex Cancer Center. I am joining in for the third time & am proud to be a part of this unique fund raiser. I gather we still are in need of images & will offer a forth print if it’s necessary to bring it to the proper volume. Please consider joining in & donating prints for this years Raid Our Gallery Benefit.

Many Thanks, Dan Groth

Monty McCutchen
6-Feb-2010, 17:38
Steve,

Thanks for posting the link. Having participated for three years but unable to attend it was cool to see what has happened over the years.

Being a middle of the pack photographer it is nice to know your work is appreciated for one but in particular its fantastic to know your work is a contributing factor to something so noble and beneficial to work that is vital to all our communities.

I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE ANYONE THAT CAN TO PARTICIPATE. And if you are lucky enough to attend as well take another video so those of us who can't can see what went on THIS year.

thanks Steve for putting all this together with your friends at the NELFPC. I hope it continues to grow and that the appreciation for LF continues to grow as a result of that participation of all.

Monty

jshanesy
7-Feb-2010, 19:02
Affectionately known to Canadian party animals as Kickaboo Juice

Affectionately known to readers of Lil' Abner as Kickapoo Joy Juice (http://deniskitchen.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=bios.joyjuice), Mammy Yokum (http://deniskitchen.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=bios.mammyyokum)'s libation of choice. She got it from Hairless Joe and Lonesome Polecat, who distilled it in their cave in the hills outside Dogpatch.

Normally I wouldn't make an issue of it, but Lil' Abner is one of the sacred things from my childhood. God am I old.

Certainly Mammy would deliver a "good night Irene punch" to any large format photographer who reads this thread and chooses not to participate.

Andrew Barr
19-Feb-2010, 06:23
*we Canadians really know how to party*
This group is crazy enough to invite me to show them how I do things in the darkroom. I hope they know what they are asking of me.

Should we keep a fire extinguisher near by?

jshanesy
21-Feb-2010, 18:23
Should we keep a fire extinguisher near by?

Absolutely. There will be highly flammable liquids (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_T._Stagg) all over the place, in open containers no less.

Steve Sherman
2-Mar-2010, 16:07
Absolutely. There will be highly flammable liquids (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_T._Stagg) all over the place, in open containers no less.

Speaking of Fire Water, the Stagg has varied uses, all in the name of the LF Exhibition to benefit Cancer Research.

Jack Holowitz adjusts a Monty McCutchen submission.

Cheers, (no pun intended )

Saulius
10-Mar-2010, 08:31
Hello Steve. Just to let you know my prints are on the way and you should have them by the 15th. Here's hoping for a successful event!

bob carnie
10-Mar-2010, 08:50
My prints are leaving today as well. Looking forward to this event.

Hello Steve. Just to let you know my prints are on the way and you should have them by the 15th. Here's hoping for a successful event!

jshanesy
14-Mar-2010, 17:55
Speaking of Fire Water, the Stagg has varied uses, all in the name of the LF Exhibition to benefit Cancer Research.

Jack Holowitz adjusts a Monty McCutchen submission.

Cheers, (no pun intended )

Unless Paletti's bringing any (and that's doubtful since the last 3 bottlings have all been >140 proof and therefore banned from commercial flights as Hazmats - I am not making that up) there will be no Stagg this year. I'm upgrading our Kentucky libations this year by bringing a whiskey which I consider much better than George T. Stagg. Fear not, it's also barrel proof.