PDA

View Full Version : Efke

Kent Rush
29-Jan-2010, 21:02
I used some Efke film for the first time and developed it with HC-110. The film base looks gray. Is this typical of this film?

Matthew Rolfe
30-Jan-2010, 05:33
I have used Adox 100 and 25 in Rodinal and haven't encountered this. How grey? what is the density of the fb+f?

I haven't ever used any Adox film that was more than a couple of months old after purchase, so it could be due to age?

Greg Blank
30-Jan-2010, 06:02
It sounds like it's fogged, which could be for a variety of reasons. My experiences with Efke were identical over several boxes!

Try this : take an unexposed sheet and process it normally. If it looks grey it is certainly fogged.

I used some Efke film for the first time and developed it with HC-110. The film base looks gray. Is this typical of this film?

drew.saunders
30-Jan-2010, 10:49
I've only used the Efke IR820 and although the clear areas are as clear as Tmax or FP4+, the emulsion is a bit more matte, so the areas that are supposed to be grey seem "more grey" with the matte surface, if that makes any sense. If the look is very subtle, that may be what you're seeing. Probably fogged though.