PDA

View Full Version : heidelberg tango, linotype hell scanner

e2aa
21-Jan-2010, 00:10
i'm curious if anyone knows where i can find a spare drum and/or other spare parts for a linotype hell vertical drum scanner from 1997. thanks!

James Beck
21-Jan-2010, 07:34
I'd talk to Karl Hudson.
karl@hudsongrafik.com

tbirke
21-Jan-2010, 07:56
A German Company specializes in these things, they also refurbish used Heidelberg/Hell Drums: http://www.brakensiek.com/

Karl Hudson
21-Jan-2010, 14:49
Hello...Yes, I have a large collection of Heidelberg / Linotype-Hell scanning drums for the Tango or Tango XL, all three Primescan models, or the five models found in the DC3000 family of drum scanners (and even complete scanners too in all these categories). Why? Because I'm a real scanner fan and a former Heidelberg tech going farther back than I would like to admit. The Tango / Primescan drums are priced at $300.00 each or two for $550.00 including shipping...and it's the same price whether you need a large drum or a small drum. They are currently located in my warehouse north of Atlanta, Georgia. It's a steal because I have too many of them and of course they are in great shape.
Best regards,
Karl Hudson / Hudson Grafik Services, Inc.

Karl Hudson
22-Jan-2010, 06:43
Hello fellow scanner fans,
Mr. Birke made an inquiry regarding this from Berlin...and therefore we would like to clarify that shipping of USED drums is included ONLY within the 48 Continental United States in the price quoted on this thread. For users in Germany, we must add the sales tax (19%). Other EU countries are tax exempt, but we must charge for the shipping on every sale outside the Continental USA (OCUNUS). One other thing worth mentioning is that we have brand new drums in our German Office which are priced at 500 Euro each. I temporarily forgot this forum is popular outside the good ol' USA as well. I apologize for that...Heck, I'm even writing this from my German office...
Wishing everyone lots of success in 2010!
Karl
HGS, Inc.
with locations in Atlanta and Kiel, Germany
AND additional spare parts stocking locations in Barbados (film recorders), Chicago (scanners, platesetters, film recorders), and NYC (DC3000 scanners)

e2aa
22-Jan-2010, 18:51
hi karl,

i have a couple questions:

1. how do i tell the difference between the linotype hell tango and tango xl? what is the difference in terms of specifications? mine has the numbers 3160 and d24107 (model?) and was manufactured in late 1997.

2. for transparency scans, what drum do i need?

thanks

Karl Hudson
12-Jun-2010, 08:26
Hey...I already replied to you offline, but thought others might like to know the answer to your questions...easiest way to tell a regular Tango from an XL is to open the hood, remove the drum and look straight down on the flange. If you see two little blue sensors at the ten o'clock and two o'clock positions of the flange you have an XL. If you only see one little blue sensor on the left side (10 o'clock), then it's a regular. D24107 is the postal zip code for the factory in Germany where all the scanners were built and had this number in bold type on the label. The other number is the model number.

Kimberly Anderson
12-Jun-2010, 13:03
So...what OS does one need to run one of these super cheap drum scanners? You've gotten me all excited now!