PDA

View Full Version : Ray McSavaney Photo Exhibit & Reception Jan. 21-March 29, 2010

Ken Karagozian
20-Jan-2010, 10:34
Ray McSavaney is having a photography exhibit titled " An American Retrospective of Flowers, Landscapes and Bridges" at Freestyle Photographic Jan. 21 -March 29 Reception Thursday January 21, 5:30PM to 7:30PM
Freestyle Photographic Supplies
Gallery at the Center For Photography
5124 Sunset Blvd.
Hollywood CA
info 323 660-3460 x121

David Karp
20-Jan-2010, 10:59
If any of you can get to the exhibit, and have not seen his work, you owe it to yourself to visit. He had a few prints on the wall in Freestyle's conference room for a while, and I would just stop in and look at them, and look at them, and . . . .

Regardless of subject matter, he is a traditional black and white printer of the highest caliber. To look at one of his prints is to see how good a black and white print can possible be.

vinny
20-Jan-2010, 11:14
Yup, I've seen his work at QT's gallery in Bergemont Station. Very well done. He's a nice guy to talk to as well. I'm going to freestyle this week.

Eric Biggerstaff
20-Jan-2010, 11:17
Ray is not only a great photographer and printer, but a great person as well. Wish I was local so I could attend.

Brian Ellis
20-Jan-2010, 11:37
I've seen some of Ray's flower prints and they are remarkable. For those of you in the area, the flower prints alone are well worth seeing.

evan clarke
20-Jan-2010, 12:08
I've seen some of Ray's flower prints and they are remarkable. For those of you in the area, the flower prints alone are well worth seeing.

I was lucky to see Ray's prints every day for a week and they are remarkable...Evan Clarke

Kirk Gittings
20-Jan-2010, 12:14
One of my favorites. Wish I could be there.

Eric Brody
20-Jan-2010, 12:22
Ray is one of the greats of the last 50 years. His contributions are greatly underrated. He speaks and acts gently but with great purpose and wisdom. His images speak for themselves.

Eric

Deane Johnson
20-Jan-2010, 14:55
I attended the Ansel Adams Workshop in 1975 in Yosemite and Ray was one of the instructors. Great photographer and a really nice guy. I remember Ansel being very impressed with Ray's photographic work.

walter23
20-Jan-2010, 16:19
Cool. Wonder if I can come up with time / money to drive down to California... would love to see his work. Anybody nearby should definitely attend.

David Karp
20-Jan-2010, 17:07
Agree on his being a really nice guy. Quiet and unassuming, shy perhaps. My wife and I met him at Q.T.'s place also - We heard we just missed you Vinny! We had a long talk. Very down to earth. My wife's late father had taken a workshop with Ray years ago, and also spoke very highly of him. We talked about that, and he clearly remembered him.

willwilson
20-Jan-2010, 19:06
http://www.tgartworks.com/raymcsavaney/viewpoint/viewpoint.html

Merg Ross
20-Jan-2010, 21:22
Ray has exceptional vision, and a complete understanding of his craft. All that can attend, are in for a real treat. Thanks for posting.