PDA

View Full Version : LF Exhibition to benefit Cancer Research update

NELFPC
19-Jan-2010, 18:27
Greetings Everyone,

The Large Format Exhibition to benefit Cancer Research is scheduled for April 8, 2010. The Middlesex Cancer Center has realized tens of thousands of dollars because of past generosity by the Large Format community. This year the Cancer Center has an advertising budget to go along with what has always been a lavish display of food and spirits for the viewing and exhibition of LF photographic art.

The formula remains unchanged, 50 LF photographers donate 3 different images of appropriate size and in return receive one free numbered ticket. An additional 100 tickets are sold to art patrons and discerning art buyers @ $175.00 per ticket. Each ticket is randomly drawn with corresponding ticket holder choosing any LF photograph which still remains. The evening is fast paced and quite rewarding even if you are unable to attend in person.

Guidelines for Submissions to "Raid our Gallery 2010"

Our guidelines are quite simple - we appreciate your cooperation. We have pre purchased clear archival bags only in the sizes listed below and the hospital has given us guidelines regarding subject content.

Format - we are promoting this as a "Large Format" show. All images need to have been captured with 4x5 or larger format. Output can be either traditional wet process (black and white or color prints), Alternative process (platinum, palladium, albumen, carbon, etc..) or digital prints.

Size - outer dimension of mount and mat should be 14x18, 16x20 or 15x25 (for those who shoot in panoramic format). Total thickness of mount and mat should not exceed 8 ply - i.e. a 4 ply mount and a 4 ply mat. Anything thicker will not fit into the bags.

Content - The Hospital has politely made reference to what this benefit is about-- the celebration of life and those that dedicate themselves to preserving it--as such they have referenced their joy in receiving all of the work but in particular those that exhibit the 'life giving' qualities that represent what their work strives for. Images that are of an "uplifting" nature would be most appropriate. For example, scenics, still lifes, etc... will be more inspirational to their audience than images depicting urban decay. You need not limit your entry to the 2 genres mentioned above, but keep in mind the Hospital's need to present tasteful images that also have broad appeal.

Entry Deadline: For Jpegs of each submission February 15th

300 DPI & 2700 pixels on the longest dimension of the file
Cancer Center is printing a complete program listing of all images and contributing artists.

Original LF Works: shipped to us by March 15th

Ship Entries to: NELFPC C/O Steve Sherman 2 Brandee Lane, Rocky Hill, CT. 06067

or

NELFPC C/O Curtis Studio 216 Main St. Durham, CT 06422

Lastly, NELFPC is committed to growing this project to larger more metropolitan venues and believe the project can be moved around the country and beyond our borders going forward. This year we are fortunate to accept LF donations from Japan and do believe one day soon this will be an international exhibition on the grandest of scales.

J Ney
20-Jan-2010, 23:52
This is a great idea and I hope it is well received by LFers in this region... wish they had something similar in my neck of the woods.

My "day job" is in clinical development of oncology biologics and - though great strides are being made - we still have a way to go.

If I was local and had the prints to submit, I'd be there in a flash. Best of luck!

Ted Stoddard
21-Jan-2010, 07:34
Steve, As always I am always in for this maybe I will actually be able to go this year... Instead of being at home wondering how everything went... Thanks again a Happy participant Ted

gene LaFord
21-Jan-2010, 20:05
This is a wonderful event and a worthy cause to support. I encourage any and all Large Format photographers to participate. And it is followed by a great weekend of photo events.
I am looking forward to joining in on the fun again this year.

gene

Saulius
22-Jan-2010, 19:38
This is a wonderful cause and event and look forward to participating again. Just wish I could be there for the event too.

bob carnie
23-Jan-2010, 07:31
Thanks to this event , I was forced to use a 4x5 monorail camera for the first time in my life.
What a lousy, experience, the camera is heavy, the lugging around was a royal pain in the ass, setting up in total darkness*night photography* well I am not even going there.
Today to further torture myself I am going to use a 8x10/11x14 studio camera that looks like it was built 700 years ago. This camera would probably make all you large format knobs drool but for me working with this is camera is like having dental work with no funny gas.
If my works of art fail, then I am going to drill a hole through my darkroom wall , hang paper on the wall and pose nude on the other side of the wall much like a large pinhole camera.
Now you can really call that wide format art, I got to stop eating those cheeseburgers.

Way to go Steve , all these rules about 4x5 negative or larger is driving me nuts but I promise the work will be in your hands in time and really looking forward to the event.

BTW mucklucs and blue jean jackets of course are ok for this fancy party???

bob

Steve Sherman
24-Jan-2010, 12:00
Thanks to this event , I was forced to use a 4x5 monorail camera for the first time in my life.
What a lousy, experience, the camera is heavy, the lugging around was a royal pain in the ass, setting up in total darkness*night photography* well I am not even going there.
Today to further torture myself I am going to use a 8x10/11x14 studio camera that looks like it was built 700 years ago. This camera would probably make all you large format knobs drool but for me working with this is camera is like having dental work with no funny gas.
If my works of art fail, then I am going to drill a hole through my darkroom wall , hang paper on the wall and pose nude on the other side of the wall much like a large pinhole camera.
Now you can really call that wide format art, I got to stop eating those cheeseburgers.

Way to go Steve , all these rules about 4x5 negative or larger is driving me nuts but I promise the work will be in your hands in time and really looking forward to the event.

BTW mucklucs and blue jean jackets of course are ok for this fancy party???

bob

PLEASE ! Somebody in Toronto get over help Carnie with that damn camera, we don't want him drilling a hole in his brand new darkroom wall.

Monty McCutchen
24-Jan-2010, 16:24
PLEASE ! Somebody in Toronto get over help Carnie with that damn camera, we don't want him drilling a hole in his brand new darkroom wall.

Now his head.....we would have to take numbers, turns and reject those that got in line thrice.

monty

Greg Blank
24-Jan-2010, 16:42
Does the partcipation in the show provide a synposis of what the donated work sold for? I did some charitable work back in the early 1990's and the show informed me of the final auction price.

Greetings Everyone,

The Large Format Exhibition to benefit Cancer Research is scheduled for April 8, 2010. The Middlesex Cancer Center has realized tens of thousands of dollars because of past generosity by the Large Format community. This year the Cancer Center has an advertising budget to go along with what has always been a lavish display of food and spirits for the viewing and exhibition of LF photographic art.

The formula remains unchanged, 50 LF photographers donate 3 different images of appropriate size and in return receive one free numbered ticket. An additional 100 tickets are sold to art patrons and discerning art buyers @ $175.00 per ticket. Each ticket is randomly drawn with corresponding ticket holder choosing any LF photograph which still remains. The evening is fast paced and quite rewarding even if you are unable to attend in person.

Guidelines for Submissions to "Raid our Gallery 2010"

Our guidelines are quite simple - we appreciate your cooperation. We have pre purchased clear archival bags only in the sizes listed below and the hospital has given us guidelines regarding subject content.

Format - we are promoting this as a "Large Format" show. All images need to have been captured with 4x5 or larger format. Output can be either traditional wet process (black and white or color prints), Alternative process (platinum, palladium, albumen, carbon, etc..) or digital prints.

Size - outer dimension of mount and mat should be 14x18, 16x20 or 15x25 (for those who shoot in panoramic format). Total thickness of mount and mat should not exceed 8 ply - i.e. a 4 ply mount and a 4 ply mat. Anything thicker will not fit into the bags.

Content - The Hospital has politely made reference to what this benefit is about-- the celebration of life and those that dedicate themselves to preserving it--as such they have referenced their joy in receiving all of the work but in particular those that exhibit the 'life giving' qualities that represent what their work strives for. Images that are of an "uplifting" nature would be most appropriate. For example, scenics, still lifes, etc... will be more inspirational to their audience than images depicting urban decay. You need not limit your entry to the 2 genres mentioned above, but keep in mind the Hospital's need to present tasteful images that also have broad appeal.

Entry Deadline: For Jpegs of each submission February 15th

300 DPI & 2700 pixels on the longest dimension of the file
Cancer Center is printing a complete program listing of all images and contributing artists.

Original LF Works: shipped to us by March 15th

Ship Entries to: NELFPC C/O Steve Sherman 2 Brandee Lane, Rocky Hill, CT. 06067

or

NELFPC C/O Curtis Studio 216 Main St. Durham, CT 06422

Lastly, NELFPC is committed to growing this project to larger more metropolitan venues and believe the project can be moved around the country and beyond our borders going forward. This year we are fortunate to accept LF donations from Japan and do believe one day soon this will be an international exhibition on the grandest of scales.

Saulius
24-Jan-2010, 22:03
Does the partcipation in the show provide a synposis of what the donated work sold for? I did some charitable work back in the early 1990's and the show informed me of the final auction price.

I believe it's $175

An additional 100 tickets are sold to art patrons and discerning art buyers @ $175.00 per ticket. Each ticket is randomly drawn with corresponding ticket holder choosing any LF photograph which still remains.
100 tickets at $175= $17,500 donated.

Greg Blank
25-Jan-2010, 05:15
So by my reading this it like giving the guests a door prize for showing up?

Or does the work come back to the artist after the show?

I believe it's $175

100 tickets at $175= $17,500 donated.

Monty McCutchen
25-Jan-2010, 06:51
So by my reading this it like giving the guests a door prize for showing up?

Or does the work come back to the artist after the show?

No the work does not come back to the artist after the show. Every artist gives three prints. For giving those three prints you get a ticket. 50 artists=50 tickets. 50 artists times three prints=150 prints. 100 tickets sold for 175. Each ticket gets a print. Your number is drawn, you get the print of your choice from those that are left at the time of your choosing whether you are an artist or a purchaser of a ticket.

Steve I'm sure can clear up any inaccuracies in what I just typed but that is my understanding of how it has worked in the past. It has been a wonderful thing to be a part of over the last several years.

Monty

gene LaFord
25-Jan-2010, 10:48
That's a pretty good synopsis Monty. No one gets a gift for walking in the door. The ticket buyers pay $175.00 to walk through the door. The three prints that the artists donate are their admission to the event. And if you just want to view the prints and watch the proceedings it will cost you $25.00 to walk through the door.
All in all, it is a very worthy event as cnacer has touched almost all of our lives, either by a family member or a very close and dear friend.
Greg, I hope you find it in your heart to participate.

gene (member of NELFPC)

Greg Blank
25-Jan-2010, 17:43
It is a good, description. For the record my father passed away in 1999 as a result of having Diabetes for 36 years and then Cancer for ten years. Eventually the Cancer that started in his jaw moved to his lungs. I managed to be the one left staying with him at his home the night prior to him dying, as my Mother was in the hospital having back surgery. The main reason for my question was that, I have advertised my photography for some time in local media and I get quite a few charities asking me to contribute in various ways. With regard to this show, its doubtful I would phyically attend due to the logistics of me living near Blatimore and needing time off to attend.

Anyway I appreciate your answers and wish you all well!

That's a pretty good synopsis Monty. No one gets a gift for walking in the door. The ticket buyers pay $175.00 to walk through the door. The three prints that the artists donate are their admission to the event. And if you just want to view the prints and watch the proceedings it will cost you $25.00 to walk through the door.
All in all, it is a very worthy event as cnacer has touched almost all of our lives, either by a family member or a very close and dear friend.

gene (member of NELFPC)

Steve Sherman
26-Jan-2010, 05:10
It is a good, description. For the record my father passed away in 1999 as a result of having Diabetes for 36 years and then Cancer for ten years. Eventually the Cancer that started in his jaw moved to his lungs. I managed to be the one left staying with him at his home the night prior to him dying, as my Mother was in the hospital having back surgery. The main reason for my question was that, I have advertised my photography for some time in local media and I get quite a few charities asking me to contribute in various ways. With regard to this show, its doubtful I would phyically attend due to the logistics of me living near Blatimore and needing time off to attend.

Anyway I appreciate your answers and wish you all well!

Hello Greg,

Sounds like this project might be the perfect vehicle for your work. Many of the participating LF photogs are not able to attend, this year several from Canada and one from Japan.

As a side note, about half of those who donate their work instruct us to give their ticket back to the Cancer Center to generate still more $$ for research. There is still time to participate, send me a PM if you are so inclined, either way, thanks for your interest.

bob carnie
1-Apr-2010, 13:27
One week away, and we are at Steve's wonderful gathering.
Really looking forward to this event, We are able to attend the gala night this year ,and hoping for lots of good energy. I just got my blue jean tuxedo jacket out of storage and shined up my best pair of mucklucks, I should be dashing.
Any one attending please try to keep all this hush hush so Monty M dosen't hear about it , show up and spoil everything for us all.

Monty McCutchen
8-Apr-2010, 20:51
One week away, and we are at Steve's wonderful gathering.
Really looking forward to this event, We are able to attend the gala night this year ,and hoping for lots of good energy. I just got my blue jean tuxedo jacket out of storage and shined up my best pair of mucklucks, I should be dashing.
Any one attending please try to keep all this hush hush so Monty M dosen't hear about it , show up and spoil everything for us all.

Well alas my need to earn a living has kept me away from the opening tonight but I would assume now that the event is several hours old that Carnie's participaiton has neccessitated the need for the following; An ambulance, law enforcement and the Animal Services to muzzle his beast's. Of course I'm guessing but that's how things usually go when Carnie (who oddly enough is perfectly named) attends Classy events!

I do wish I was there tonight though and feel the lack at not getting to see so many wonderful people (you too Carnie:) ) in one spot, doing something so generous. I hope it went fantastic!!

all my best

monty

billschwab
8-Apr-2010, 21:20
Let me say that although i participated, I cannot be held responsible for any of the flurry of alcohol induced calls that just originated from Steve's fine dining room.

Blame it on Paul Paletti

Steve Sherman
8-Apr-2010, 21:52
Let me say that although i participated, I cannot be held responsible for any of the flurry of alcohol induced calls that just originated from Steve's fine dining room.

Blame it on Paul Paletti

yes! there is some one missing and that is YOU! This has been a terriffic evening that only being in the room could describe.

A weekend of untold euphoria will follow!!!!
Unbridled hedonistic revelry has already exploded :-)

rjphil
9-Apr-2010, 05:29
Just when one might wonder "How could this year's ROG be any better than last year's?", last night proved that excellence is indeed alive and well. If you missed it, well I would put the exhibit up against most major gallery offerings. The event was well attended, monies were raised for MMH, and a wonderful time (which will continue throughout the weekend) was had by all. It is a privilege to be associated with such a fine(?) group of photographers, I'll be back next year and for as long as NELFPC continues this fine tradition.

Kirk Gittings
10-Apr-2010, 21:12
So far this has been a great get together, fine photographers, great friends. I'm so happy I went this year.

sanking
11-Apr-2010, 16:43

gene (member of NELFPC)

How does this work once you are in the door? Is there bidding on the prints, or do you draw a number that corresponds to a specific print, or do you draw a number and then get to select a print?

Sandy King

gene LaFord
11-Apr-2010, 17:29
Sandy... each ticket holder is assigned a number and all numbers are put in a big bowl. All photos are given a different set of numbers. Numbers corresponding to ticket holders are drawn from the bowl and that ticket holder gets to choose whatever photo he/she wants. If your number is called early, the bigger choice of photos one has. Where as the later your number is chosen the less choices one has.
Your prints were gorgeous and were chosen quite early. And thank you very much for participating.

gene

Steve Sherman
11-Apr-2010, 17:52
Beginning with Thursday evening with the LF exhibition to benefit the Middlesex Cancer Center to the final shooting day @ Hartford City Hall and then onto the airport to drop off many of the LF's who made the trip, inspiration, terrific fellowship and awesome photography came in buckets.

Will try and get some pix uploaded somewhere soon.

Physically, I am near exhaustion, mentally, I cannot wait for tomorrow's dawn.

Thanks to all who made it reality!

billschwab
11-Apr-2010, 19:03
Congratulations to all those that participated in putting on this wonderful event and a special thanks to Steve and his lovely wife Vicki for their warm hospitality and for making us all feel so much at home. So many fine people and so much fine work that don't know where to begin. I can't thank you all enough for having me over for the fun and I look forward to participating again in the future. It is very heartening to travel around to these gatherings and be reminded that there are so many talented people out there doing what it is we all do.

Jim Shanesy
11-Apr-2010, 19:35
Congratulations to all those that participated in putting on this wonderful event and a special thanks to Steve and his lovely wife Vicki for their warm hospitality and for making us all feel so much at home. So many fine people and so much fine work that don't know where to begin. I can't thank you all enough for having me over for the fun and I look forward to participating again in the future. It is very heartening to travel around to these gatherings and be reminded that there are so many talented people out there doing what it is we all do.

Thank you for the fabulous wet plate workshop. I thought that alone was worth the trip. More than 20 tintypes in one afternoon.

eddie
12-Apr-2010, 03:40
awesome event! thanks to everyone. it was great meeting new folks and catching up with old friends. all the events i participated in were perfect. i learned so much.

the shoot on sunday was excellent. that old building was a pleasure to have such unlimited access in. i managed to process my sheets last night before sleep grabbed me and pulled me in.

i will post them this afternoon.....my boss wants me back at work for some strange reason....:)

eddie

eddie
12-Apr-2010, 04:51
screw work! important scanning needs to be done.

i will print these this week using some printing techniques i learned from bob carnie this past weekend. but in the name of fun here are some quick scans. 4x5 neg.

the 1st if for papa gene. "serious silliness"

from the apug gallery post: (http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showimage.php?i=51142&c=2)

this is from the steve sherman gathering on this past weekend. we ended a great weekend at the hartford city hall.

i walked around for 1/2 hour or so "scouting" the place out. there were like 18 other LF photogs there all setting up to shoot some classic scenes.....ten an urge hit me and i found myself here.....so i figured this would be one of the few if not only place others would not be shooting. not what the hartford city hall people would be thinking i am sure.

anyway a quick scan to start off the serous silliness. i will make a DR print this week.

eddie

climbabout
12-Apr-2010, 05:05
Great, great weekend for all. The big challenge now is how do we outdo this next year? We're tossing ideas around already.
Tim

bob carnie
12-Apr-2010, 06:54
To the Sherman's, Curtis's and all the dedicated members who really made us all feel welcome , I can't thank you enough for your warm , generous hospitality.
To Mr Palettie, you got me again, but I did find a soul mate with Mr Gitting's.

Wonderful prints were shown at the opening and Monty and Sandy's prints went very quickly, both gentlemen provided wicked prints and even though they were not able to attend, their donation's were noticed as well as the others who could not attend but sent prints anyway.
Bill , was like always , dynamic and worked late into Sat evening and really gave his all as usual and everyone really loved the wet plates.

I had lots of fun almost like a vacation from my day to day printing and plan to be in Rocky Hill next year for this wonderful weekend.

gene LaFord
12-Apr-2010, 09:41
Thanks for the plug Eddie! :D
I had an incredibly wonderful weekend seeing old friends and making new ones. A hearty thanks to Steve & Vickie Sherman and Marie & Glenn Curtis, and to all the presenters: Kirk, Bill, Bob Robertson, Jack Holowitz and that guy who now wears a blue jump suit; and to all those wonderful photographers who donated prints for this worthy cause.
I will try and get my film developed soon and post some images from Sunday's shoot.

See ya all next year!

(papa) gene

Flauvius
12-Apr-2010, 11:02
To sum it all up, this weekend's NELFC's convention set the standard for what a llarge format workshop/conference should be in all respects.

Good conversation, beautiuful weather, a multitude of beautiful b&w prints, ongoing food and drink, and with priceless insights from people who have spent life times mastering their photographic skills. With photographic luminaries such as Bob Carnie, one of the world's finest print makers; Kirk Gittings, a world renown commerical and architural photographer of the Southwest, as well as a Professor of Photography at the Chicago Institute of Art Instute; Jack Holowitz, a highly regarded New England photographer; Dick Roberston, the portrait photograhper of choice to capitans of industry and high society for more than 50 years; Steve Sherman, the world's foremost authority on the use of the semi-stand development process, to speak with late into the night, and while savoring Paul Paletti's fine Dumonte luquior and graciously stocked open bar, was something that I will never forget.

So, thanks to all everyone, and expecially the Sherman's and the Curtis' who hosted this unforgetable NELFC event and who made everyone feel so welcome.

Robert J. Triffin

Monty McCutchen
12-Apr-2010, 11:10
I knew I was going to regret not being able to make it. Damn it sure sounds like a time of times.

Thank you Bob for the kind remarks about the prints, I'm glad they were well received.

best,

Monty

Kirk Gittings
12-Apr-2010, 11:20
Thanks all. Thanks especially to Steve and his wife, Vickie for their hospitality. That was a special event that I will remember forever. Thanks too to my new soul mate, Bob Carnie..........don't ask.........

Kirk Gittings
12-Apr-2010, 20:10
Aside from the time with new and old friends, this was my best gift from the conference-my portrait in Wet Plate Collodion by Bill Schwab.
http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab248/kgittings/Schwab02Sm.jpg

Steve Sherman
13-Apr-2010, 04:09
Thanks for all the great feedback. There certainly are many more faces behind the scenes that made this weekend possible.

Papagene's terrific chili and Saturday night's lasagna by Darlene Jones, (Mrs. Climabout)

There are so many great pictures from the weekend, 2:45 AM and still going strong, Bill shoots Kirk and Paul Paletti and Mr. and Mrs. Bob Carnie, more will follow.

More specifics on the LF Exhibition to benefit Middlesex Cancer Center when the final totals are in.

m_allard
13-Apr-2010, 07:09
Thanks for the plug Eddie! :D
I had an incredibly wonderful weekend seeing old friends and making new ones. A hearty thanks to Steve & Vickie Sherman and Marie & Glenn Curtis, and to all the presenters: Kirk, Bill, Bob Robertson, Jack Holowitz and that guy who now wears a blue jump suit; and to all those wonderful photographers who donated prints for this worthy cause.
I will try and get my film developed soon and post some images from Sunday's shoot.

See ya all next year!

(papa) gene

Said perfectly! Thank you so much especially to our gracious hosts and presenters. It really was a wonderful weekend!

Matt

billschwab
13-Apr-2010, 11:33
Thanks for posting the portrait Kirk! Much apprecited. You were a great subject.

And thanks again to everyone at this great event. I'm still buzzing over all the fine work and great conversation.

Bill

Alex Wei
13-Apr-2010, 12:48
This was a terrific event for me and I had a very good time learning, chatting, drinking and more drinking... but not sleeping, even though Steve provided me a comfortable bed to sleep in.

I know its a lot of works to get everything done properly, and everything was done very well, I can't thank enough for the organizers, and of course the efforts from the members of NELFPC to get everything set up so well.

The instructors for Sat. (Bob Carnie and Bill Schwab) were excellent, I learned so much from them, most importantly, it's their working ethics, their toughness and singular mind to pursue what they want help them to became who they are, and that for me is a much valuable lesson than anything else.

I missed Jack's figure study on Friday, but I am sure it was excellent just like last year.

Oh yeah, the printing sharing was amazing, to see so many wonderful prints in just one setting.

The brew in the keg, Pual's bourbon mania, a lot of good memories. It's wonderful to share a weekend with lot's of old and new friends.

Alex W.

climbabout
13-Apr-2010, 14:33
I knew I was going to regret not being able to make it. Damn it sure sounds like a time of times.

Thank you Bob for the kind remarks about the prints, I'm glad they were well received.

best,

Monty

Monty - as much as we missed you, it was probably just as well you weren't there - I know you got a late night call - Sherman may well be on probation with his housing board due to the weekend antics before the dust settles. ;)
Tim

jim kipfer
14-Apr-2010, 07:28
Now that Carrie and I have had time to rest, sober up (thanks Paul :) ) we want to thank everyone who participated in ROG. A special thanks to the Curtis’s and the Sherman’s who opened their homes, and studios to allow the antics that went on and made us feel welcome at the event.

We wish all our new friends and old acquaintances the best of times this summer.
I’ve attended other workshops in the past and this was by far the best! The only thing I might do different next time is drink more and sleep less – but I’m not sure that can actually be done.

Jim and Carrie

Kirk Gittings
21-Apr-2010, 08:41
http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab248/kgittings/Hartford.jpg

Fun and games during Bill Schwab's Wet Plate workshop. That's me and Paul Paletti posing with his booze (Paul manufactures a liquor named Dumonte), Marie staging, Steve enjoying it all and Bill behind the Deardorf. Photo by Robert Seto.

Steve Sherman
21-Apr-2010, 16:13
http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab248/kgittings/Hartford.jpg

Fun and games during Bill Schwab's Wet Plate workshop. That's me and Paul Paletti posing with his booze (Paul manufactures a liquor named Dumonte), Marie staging, Steve enjoying it all and Bill behind the Deardorf. Photo by Robert Seto.

What's obscured in above photo is that Kirk's bottle of Dumante is empty, forcing Paul to reload for Saturday evening!