PDA

View Full Version : Profile Signature Content

Ralph Barker
17-Jan-2010, 08:22
The following has been added to the guidelines to resolve questions about what is permissible within profile "signatures":

"Profile "signature" content - While it is OK to include a simple link to your personal (preferably LF-related) Web site in your profile "signature", please do not include descriptive text that might be interpreted as an advertisement of whatever services or products you might provide.

People who register for the purpose of publicizing links to non-LF sites will be banned and the posts deleted."

If your current "signature" goes beyond these limits, please edit it accordingly.

Kirk Gittings
19-Jan-2010, 11:20
In the past, through requests by members, I have allowed some signatures that exceed the above parameters. These new rules supersede any previous permissions. These new rules are intended to preserve the non-commercial nature of this forum. So please review your signature in light of the new rules. Thanks.

My signature below is an example of what is allowable. I removed the previous "Architecture and Landscape Photography" from below my name because I sell prints, books etc. from that site.

Kirk Gittings
19-Jan-2010, 14:49
bump

John Kasaian
19-Jan-2010, 15:35
:eek: Doesn't advertising erection enhancers in one's signature fall within the confines of Large Format???
:D

Preston
19-Jan-2010, 15:56
"Doesn't advertising erection enhancers in one's signature fall within the confines of Large Format???"

LOL!

Only if your native 'format' size increases. :p
-P

Diane Maher
19-Jan-2010, 20:54
:eek: Doesn't advertising erection enhancers in one's signature fall within the confines of Large Format???
:D

No, it falls within the confines of male-oriented spam. :eek: :(

Frank Petronio
19-Jan-2010, 21:02
It's a vague rule. Why make rules that are just going to be subject to interpretation and the whims of the moderators anyway?

Greg Lockrey
19-Jan-2010, 21:12
It's a vague rule. Why make rules that are just going to be subject to interpretation and the whims of the moderators anyway?

Yeah... I don't know what to do now. :confused: I'll just wait until they delete my posts.... :o