PDA

View Full Version : 8x10 at the Golden Globes

vinny
16-Jan-2010, 22:50
Yup, never thought I'd see a real camera in this town. 6th floor next to the strobes. Not sure what he's doing yet. Find out more tomorrow. Anyone out there?

the other pic is a glamcam 360 set up with 48 D700's and 28mm lenses attached. Hell of a way to spend oer $100k.

Tori Nelson
16-Jan-2010, 22:55
Vinny, you get to have more fun, with the oddest stuff, than most people I know!

Joanna Carter
17-Jan-2010, 03:21
the other pic is a glamcam 360 set up with 48 D700's and 28mm lenses attached. Hell of a way to spend oer $100k.
This has to be the ultimate "spray and pray" digital technique. Simply release all the shutters on continuous firing until you run out of memory and, somewhere in those shots, must be the perfect picture of your favourite celebrity - without all that annoying getting them to pose malarky :rolleyes: :cool:

vinny
18-Jan-2010, 21:43
Anyone know who the guy in the orange vest is?
I'm interested in seeing the shots he was getting.

gainer
18-Jan-2010, 23:36
Just curious... Was he doing portraits on the balcony, or crowd shots from above?

vinny
19-Jan-2010, 10:01
Just curious... Was he doing portraits on the balcony, or crowd shots from above?

crowd shots, always the same lens, looks about a 300.

artworksgallery
2-Feb-2010, 21:10
Yup, never thought I'd see a real camera in this town. ...Hell of a way to spend over $100k.

You got that right. Looks like fun though.

Daniel Stone
4-Feb-2010, 17:52
you know,

that looks a hell of a lot like KEVIN COSTNER. I just watched "the postman" last night(90's vintage), and this sure looks a lot like him!

who knows?

-Dan

is that a gandolfi btw?

Daniel Stone
4-Feb-2010, 17:57
I think that the guy in the orange vest would be building staff, like a security gaurd, or a paid "minder" to make sure no paint was dented or chipped, etc...

-Dan

I still think that's kevin costner though...

Mark Sawyer
4-Feb-2010, 18:06
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Costner is a regular on this forum, under an assumed name...

Henry Suryo
5-Feb-2010, 00:37
Anyone know who the guy in the orange vest is?
I'm interested in seeing the shots he was getting.

I think the man in the orange vest is Massimo Vitali, whose best known work is of crowds from a high vantage point. That is probably his 8x10 Phillips Compact II.

nelson_chan
5-Feb-2010, 13:53
That's definitely a Compact II but I went to art school with the bald kid. He was a year younger than me at RISD.

brian mcweeney
5-Feb-2010, 14:05
I think the man in the orange vest is Massimo Vitali, whose best known work is of crowds from a high vantage point. That is probably his 8x10 Phillips Compact II.

I think Henry is spot on with the photographer. Check out his "about" page for a photo of him: http://www.massimovitali.com/

vinny
5-Feb-2010, 17:36
Massimo emailed me the day after I made the post here. Both he and his assistant were shooting. He's a member of the forum so I guess that's how he found me. Crazy huh?

r.e.
5-Feb-2010, 17:56
Nah, the guy in the orange vest is Cartier-Bresson keeping a low profile, dressed as a security guard and sporting Massimo Vitali's coiffure. Either that or it's Kevin Costner pretending to be Tonino Delli Colli.

This is a hoot.

Thanks for introducing me to Senor Vitali's work. I like it; wish I'd seen his exhibition when I did the gallery rounds in New York in December.