PDA

View Full Version : Yosemite iPhone App

Dan Baumbach
16-Jan-2010, 10:40
We've just released the second app in our iFotoGuide app series. This one is a photographer's guide to Yosemite Valley.

Rather than a regular travel app, these apps are particularly designed for photographers. Besides all the general area information, we include a Yosemite map with all the great places to shoot marked with buttons. Clicking on a particular button will give you information about the location and photos.

Locations are also divided up between sunrise, sunset and any time locations.

You can see the app in the App store here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ifotoguide-yosemite-valley/id350616349?mt=8

We appreciate your suggestions and feedback. We really want these apps to be useful and helpful.

- Dan.

Kirk Fry
16-Jan-2010, 21:39
Is there an illustrated trail map to Sierra Point? KFry

Dan Baumbach
17-Jan-2010, 11:04
It just has a map of Yosemite Valley.

- Dan.

Jeffrey Sipress
17-Jan-2010, 13:30
I just bought it, Dan. Now all I have to do is plan the trip sometime!

Dan Baumbach
17-Jan-2010, 13:58
I just bought it, Dan. Now all I have to do is plan the trip sometime!

Thanks, Jeffrey. I bet they have a lot of show this week.

- Dan.

Greg Gibbons
17-Jan-2010, 18:11
Thanks, Jeffrey. I bet they have a lot of show this week.

- Dan.

I assume you mean snow.
What I hear is the first storm is going to be cold, dumping a lot of snow. But it's closely followed by another storm that's warm, which will melt all that snow, probably causing the worst floods in 20 years. I don't recommend going there this week. I'd love to get some snow pics, but I'm going to wait till the weather calms a bit.

Harley Goldman
18-Jan-2010, 15:40
The current storm seems to be warm. The webcam shows most of the snow melted. Maybe it will get cold and snow tonight, but currently, it is well above freezing.