vinny
8-Jan-2010, 10:02
damn! can you get film for that?:)

Mark Sampson
8-Jan-2010, 10:14
Dare I say it, two much ain't enough.

Robert Hughes
8-Jan-2010, 10:34
I'd prefer it had a stereo viewfinder - but that would require another whole camera, right? :confused:

Frank Petronio
8-Jan-2010, 11:39
You could make a tri-lens reflex too!

Songyun
8-Jan-2010, 11:54
You can only use swing, but not tilt, right?

jb7
8-Jan-2010, 12:07
You could make a tri-lens reflex too!

stereo TLR...

makes sense alright-

Frank Petronio
8-Jan-2010, 12:10
Why would swing be any different than tilt? you'd have to reference the scales, which would be a bit iffy for wide-open short focus work.

Rises and Falls would be easy ;-)

John Schneider
8-Jan-2010, 13:16
Another quality Glennview product -- make up for under-engineering with sales puffery.

Frank Petronio
8-Jan-2010, 13:50
Yeah his prices have precluded me from ever buying anything there, but the info on his site is pretty helpful. I did talk to him about a camera once and he did come down on price to be competitive w eBay, at least you know it would be a decent camera.

$300 for a pc of barstock with some holes tapped seems a bit high though! Or $1200 for those rods! Yikes!

Songyun
8-Jan-2010, 13:51
Why would swing be any different than tilt? you'd have to reference the scales, which would be a bit iffy for wide-open short focus work.

Rises and Falls would be easy ;-)

It' base tilt right? so the top one has more shift than the bottom one, when tilted the same degree.

As for swing, the bottom one has the same movement as the top one.

Frank Petronio
8-Jan-2010, 14:01
oh yes... well you'd have to get a Toyo w axis tilts then ;-)

Songyun
8-Jan-2010, 14:32
oh yes... well you'd have to get a Toyo w axis tilts then ;-)
I think Gowland TLR synchronize the axis tilt.
But anyway, TLR works great with portraits which doesn't need tilt very often.

Robert Hughes
8-Jan-2010, 15:14
Who needs tilt? According to another thread here, it's one of the big cliches of the past decade. Save yourself the embarrassment and don't use it! :D

Peter De Smidt
8-Jan-2010, 15:22
I'd rather have a Gowland or Keith 4x5 TLR.

William McEwen
8-Jan-2010, 16:07
That's plain goofy.

mortensen
10-Jan-2010, 14:44
sorry to ask a probably stoooopid question, but what on earth i the usage of that beast??? I might have a poor imagination, but I really can't figure it out!

Peter K
10-Jan-2010, 15:04
sorry to ask a probably stoooopid question, but what on earth i the usage of that beast??? I might have a poor imagination, but I really can't figure it out!
As Songyun mentioned before such cameras where used for fashion- and portrait-photography on slide-film. Used for fashion magazines etc.

There was also a TLR-attachment for the Linhof Super-Technika V aviable, the "Technika-Flex". Peter Gowland (http://www.petergowland.com/camera/), scroll to the bottom of the page, has an 8x10"-TLR also.

Peter

Daniel Unkefer
12-Jan-2010, 16:47
I can do the same thing with two of my 4x5 Normas, since I have the red Norma extension rods. The original Norma brochure probably gave Glenn the idea, since it shows a similar (even better) setup.

Greg Lockrey
12-Jan-2010, 18:03
Oh how fun... if you can't do photography at least you'll look like you could. :D :D