PDA

View Full Version : Cheap but decent quality Glossy/Lustre Inkjet Proofing Paper

bsimison
30-Dec-2009, 13:51
I need a new option for producing contact sheets for clients. I'm not looking for exhibition quality here, just a decent glossy or lustre inkjet paper for printing contact sheets or proofs.

I've been using a glossy paper from International Paper, rebranded as "National Geographic High Definition Ultra Gloss" that I picked up from the local dollar store for next to nothing (about $0.20/page) but I'm almost out of that stock.

Thanks!
-Brett

Ken Allen
30-Dec-2009, 15:35
Try LexJet's Sunset Photo eSatin Paper 300g, it's very good quality for the price, but I think it's still more than the other paper you mentioned. Additionally, Lexjet has several value papers that are even cheaper. I have not tried those. I think Mitsubushi manufactures most of their papers.

Best,
Ken

Jon Shiu
30-Dec-2009, 15:50
InjetArt's microceramic luster is a good, inexpensive paper that is equivalent to Epson Premium Luster.

Jon

BarryS
30-Dec-2009, 16:31
InjetArt's microceramic luster is a good, inexpensive paper that is equivalent to Epson Premium Luster.

Jon

I second the recommendation for the IJA Microceramic Lustre. The exact same paper as Epson Lustre for a lot less money and without the annoying printing on the back. In fact it works slightly better with the Epson Lustre profile than with the IJA profile.

JohnnyV
6-Jan-2010, 13:06
I used IJA Microceramic Luster for a long time... it's very good but the price went up recently and IJA charges a lot for shipping. So my new favorite paper is Ilford's Gallery Smooth Pearl Paper... it's even better than the IJA not as bright and thicker. B+H has it for $40.00/100 sheets.

JohnnyV
6-Jan-2010, 17:41
I just checked IJA's price for Micro-Ceramic Luster... looks like they lowered the price back to a decent price... was about 20% higher a few months ago. Still not as inexpensive as BH's Ilford's Gallery Smooth Pearl Paper. I'd still go with the Ilford even if the same price... as mentioned it's not as bright and is thicker.

dfoo
7-Jan-2010, 10:43
The Kirkland stuff is ok.

JosephBurke
7-Jan-2010, 20:25
....just like the woman I usually end up with.....a little thicker and not too bright !!!

bsimison
7-Jan-2010, 20:43
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I ended up buying Harman CrystalJet RC Luster from B+H, 100 sheets for $34.50. It's not bad stuff. Thinner than I'd like, but that's actually a good thing -- the FedEx envelopes will be a little lighter and less bulky.