PDA

View Full Version : Questions Re Replying to Posts

Richard K.
10-Dec-2009, 08:11
OK, can someone please tell me what the multi-quote button does other than turning red when pressed? The button to the right of it (quick reply to this message) doesn't seem to do anything either? And how is that quick reply different from the Post Reply buttton on the left underneath the message box or using the quick reply box under THAT? Also, is using the quick reply box with the quote square checked the same as pressing the quote button at the bottom of the message box? I guess there's some redundancy here? :)

Marko
10-Dec-2009, 08:17
You use the multi-quote button when you want to reply to several posts at once, in a single repost and you also want to quote each of them.

The way it works is, you hit the Multi-Quote button (the one to the right of regular Quote button) with the quote and "+" mark on it for each of the messages you want to quote and then on the last one in a row you hit the regular "Quote".

All of the messages you selected will appear quoted in your single reply box, each within its own set of quote tags, so you can simply add your responses.

Hope this helps.

Marko

Richard K.
10-Dec-2009, 09:04
OK, can someone please tell me what the multi-quote button does other than turning red when pressed? The button to the right of it (quick reply to this message) doesn't seem to do anything either? And how is that quick reply different from the Post Reply buttton on the left underneath the message box or using the quick reply box under THAT? Also, is using the quick reply box with the quote square checked the same as pressing the quote button at the bottom of the message box? I guess there's some redundancy here? :)

You use the multi-quote button when you want to reply to several posts at once, in a single repost and you also want to quote each of them.

The way it works is, you hit the Multi-Quote button (the one to the right of regular Quote button) with the quote and "+" mark on it for each of the messages you want to quote and then on the last one in a row you hit the regular "Quote".

All of the messages you selected will appear quoted in your single reply box, each within its own set of quote tags, so you can simply add your responses.

Hope this helps.

Marko

Thanks Marko!!:)