PDA

View Full Version : on processing POLA 55 in the studio after shooting

andrea milano
23-Nov-1998, 05:37
Hallo everybody! Here I am again with my usual questions. I set of to shoot Pola 55 and intended to process later in controlled conditions of dust and temperatu re but after shooting as usual and pushing the paper back in, I pressed on the release clip to release the Polaroid from the Holder but it stayed in and pulli ng the paper only resulted in a ruined film. Any advice on how to do this proced ure? Where did I go wrong? Could cold weather play any role in this?

andrea milano
23-Nov-1998, 05:39
Sorry about typing mistakes and lack of thanks to all for helping! Regards

Ellis Vener
23-Nov-1998, 12:28
Which holder are you using? 545 or 545i? Does the holder work fine when used in the standard way? Is it new or did you buy a used holder?

I doubt that the cold weather was a factor. When I do what you are describing (s hoot and process later) I take the holder out of the camera, turn the open side toward me and very firmly and carefully press & release the release button a co uple of times to make sure the mechanism engages properly. i then do it for real and as I start I feel for tension in the packet: there should be none.

Another way to do this is to flip the big lever from L to P and start to pull th e packet as if you are using the holder in the standad way (processing the film immediately) but as soon as the clip at the end of the packet clears the the lit tle catch which holds the film in place when you are making an exposure, flip th e lever back to "L" (disengaging the rollers) and slide the packet out. Make sur e that the rollers have not burst the chemistry pod by feeling along it's edges.

Ellis Vener
23-Nov-1998, 12:32
Alternatively, and we have talked about this before, try using some of the Fuji Neopan 80 QuickLoad film.

(Which is availible in Europe & Japan and maybe the rest of the world but NOT in the USA.)

Ellis Vener
5-Oct-1999, 11:11
I just processed some type 55 I had exposed about a year ago. Out of four sheets I lost only one. The other negs looked like I lost some density, but there was an image.