PDA

View Full Version : Work on exhibit at Phoenix Country Day School (AZ)

Richard M. Coda
28-Nov-2009, 11:19
I was recently asked to hang a show of my work at my daughter's school, Phoenix Country Day School, in Paradise Valley, AZ, by Michael Pesselato, Art Department head. The exhibit is part of the school's "cultural enrichment" program, where they bring in local writers, artists, and musicians, to expose the students to their work, and hopefully inspire them. I am honored to be the first visual artist in this series. They recently had a professional jazz trio from the Red Rocks Music Festival perform with my daughter's Jazz Combo at lunchtime. The performance was well received and very enjoyable, as well as a learning experience for the band. A brief video is available here (http://connect.pcds.org/publish/gallery/2009-10/videos/2009-10-29-US-QuadJazz/), featuring Lindsay on the vibraphone.

The show features 32 images ranging from 1981 to 2009 and from New Jersey, Canada, California and Arizona. I am also giving an artist's talk on Thursday, Dec. 3 at 2:10 in the Hormel Art Center. If you are local and wish to attend, please contact Gina Bridgeman via email (mailto:gina.bridgeman@pcds.org) as you will need to get a visitor's pass and directions for parking.