PDA

View Full Version : Web Site Revamp

Nigel Turner
20-Jan-2002, 16:08
I finally got around to reworking my web site and would be happy to recieve any feedback you guy's have. I'd also like to thank Paul Schilliger for sending me t he font! Thanks Paul.. a decent font can work wonders.

Nigel Turner
20-Jan-2002, 16:11
I guess the address would help as well :o)

http://www.nigelturnerphotography.com

Bill Glickman
20-Jan-2002, 17:48
Your website was great before, now even better! Great work!

paul owen
20-Jan-2002, 17:57
Very impressive, both the site and the photography!! Congratulations!!

Ellis Vener
20-Jan-2002, 18:42
I agree with the others very impressive photography and very clean design. Excellently organized and well designed to give potential clients (mostly workshop attendees) a sense of you and what they will get into if they decide to do a workshop with you.

Two "nits to pick":

There were times when i was looking at a specific image that i wanted to be able to go directly back to that gallery without having to remember which gallery I was in. Of course I may have missed this clue.

I found the "media' heading on that page a bit confusing. I was expecting to find out about prints, not what the "press" had to say.

For what it is worth I looked at the site in IE 5.0 for Macintosh on 17" monitor. Download speed was fine (I am on DSL) and I am using an Apple G4 733 Quicksilver.

Kevin J. Kolosky
20-Jan-2002, 19:07
Web site is nice. Dissapointment that there is no black and white work.

John Kasaian
20-Jan-2002, 23:05
Hello! I just logged off your website and thought it was one of the best. What impressed me was that it was that it seemed very well thought out, easy to navigate with excellent graphics, and the size of your images were enjoyable to view, giving justice to your excellent photographs. Too often it seems like the photos a person uses to exemplify his or her talents are reduced to munchkin size that tend leave the viewer somewhat mystified as to the clarity of the actual prints(my opinion)Congrats and good luck with your new site!

Graeme
29-Jan-2002, 05:56
Great site Nigel. As others have said, clean and pleasant design, quick viewing times and wonderful shots displayed. I was expecting the portfolios to have a common theme internally, but that was not too much of a problem.

Can you let me know how you got the frames around your pictures? Is that a function of Photoshop that I have yet to discover? Or are you using another program for that?

Graeme